collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reo-Coker awaits Villa offer  (Read 16548 times)

Offline achilles

Re: Reo-Coker awaits Villa offer
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »
Self acclaimed best box to box midfielder in his own world. Which is pretty good because he can't pass, never seen him head a ball, can't go past people and as a midfield ball winner pretty average. Offers nothing we couldn't get cheaper and better. Another 8M Mon wasted!

Forgot he can't shoot!

Offline sid1964

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »
Just read that supposedly he wants £80k a week, and his agent is claiming that is what he has been offered elsewhere!!

Personally I would not give him £20k a week!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
Just read that supposedly he wants £80k a week, and his agent is claiming that is what he has been offered elsewhere!!
If true, he can go and get fucked.

Offline abc123cox

• Villa-Till-I-Die
    • UPtheVILLA Aston Vilal Fans, News and Banter page
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
anything above 30k then he can go fish!!!

Makoun and Delph for me!

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
NRC Won't be the only one disallusioned by the wages on offer from other clubs. Be interesting to see how Arry gets rid of Keane and Bentley in the summer.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:45 PM »
anything above 30k then he can go fish!!!

Makoun and Delph for me!

I wonder if those two might work with the addition of the returning Hogg, who has been getting regular games for Portsmouth, to supply the NRC style bite when needed

I can see why a player like NRC is needed, but with his contract situation, he'll get a good salary and bigger signing on fee if he goes elsewhere, and we are goign to have to compete wth that.

He's a very limited footballer, so I'm not sure tying up 6 or 7 million pounds over three years in him is the best way to be setting about the wage bill.

Offline jembob

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 02:35:18 PM »
If we see players like NRC getting new contracts before the end of the season I would see that as an indication that Houllier plans to carry on. If it's already decided that he's going to either retire or move upstairs then I can't believe that the club will renew contracts for average squad members before the new man is in place.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
It says a lot that people can actually remember specific good passes he has made or moves that he has been involved in when trying to claim he is any good. That tells you what he is like the other 98% of the time

A little trip to the Guardian's Chalkboard may surprise you Richard. Either there or the opticians.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »
Good squad player.  No more.  Has improved slightly this season but as others have already said, he'll want a first team / captains salary so it's tarrah a bit from me and no sign of a wistful tear in the eye about his departure.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »

Hes ok for me, no more than that.Certainly not worth the supposed figure he wants.

Would rather keep Hogg tbh.Taking into account age and experience, not a great deal between them.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
If Spurs were to come in for him, why not have Palacios in exchange. Don't really rate him myself but he would be a squad improvement on Coker

Offline gervilla

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »

Personally I would not give him £20k a week!

£ 80,000 a week. Thats hillarious.
Best of luck Nigel.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 08:09:47 PM »
If Spurs were to come in for him, why not have Palacios in exchange. Don't really rate him myself but he would be a squad improvement on Coker
We aren't in a position to exchange though are we? Reo Coker is on a free, and Palacios is under contract until 2014 having cost Tottenham £12M. Having said that, should he become available I'd certainly be happy with Palacios as a squad addition. 

Offline abc123cox

• Villa-Till-I-Die
    • UPtheVILLA Aston Vilal Fans, News and Banter page
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »
a midfield of Hogg, Delph and Makoun sounds a bit defencive to me?? yes i would like Delph in so i would say Delph, Makoun and Bannan / Johnson as our midfield with Downing and NZogbia on the wings and Bent up front!

just thinking about all the options makes my mind fry but i honestly think youth is our future at Villa!

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
It says a lot that people can actually remember specific good passes he has made or moves that he has been involved in when trying to claim he is any good. That tells you what he is like the other 98% of the time

A little trip to the Guardian's Chalkboard may surprise you Richard. Either there or the opticians.

I'll take Coker with me to the opticians in that case, perhaps that's why he can't pass or shoot straight - I don't read the Guardian so no idea what the chalkboard is but presumably it is some set of stats that tell me that Coker is, in fact, a better player than Xavi or Iniesta? Or some such other load of old cobblers. I don't need the Guardian to tell me just how woefully average he is Mark!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal