collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delfouneso returns to Villa  (Read 10802 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Delfouneso returns to Villa
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:25 PM »
MON did fancy him and was a big admirer. He was planning to use him a lot more this season.

Careful now!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
In case MON and his super lawyers are reading, I meant in a completely homoerotic manner.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
Not sure whether he's going to make it but guess he'll have a clean slate underr the new manager.

Should've gone out on loan sooner in his career instead of playing reserve football and making the odd sub appearence.

I assume we'll see him in the last 3 games but then again I assumed Bannan would play against Baggies and he didn't even make the bench ahead of Pires...

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »
He's a bit like the brothers, has talent, good skills but there seems to be a key ingredient missing. For me he isn't agressive enough for a key position player.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 10:00:37 PM »
After watching them both closely I think Fonz and Bent can work

Have a look at Bents movement, he always drifts off the defender either in centre or towards far post and taps them in.

Fonz attacks the near-post, most of his goals he has scored have come from that.

I honestly think we will have the best natural goalscorer , together with potentially another in the same line up.

To me Gabby has had his chance, I am not saying get rid, but bench him and give someone else a long crack at it.

Give Fonz the last three games, pre-season and (if we haven't bought better) the first 7 or 8 of next season and see how he does.

It cant be any worse than Gab, Young or Heskey !

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »
I think him and Gabby would've been a good combo aswell.

Maybe he might develop into the link striker we're missing, someone who can drop back and take up the ball from midfield positions.

As I don't see anything that indicates he's going to be a 20 goal a season striker really.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:38 PM »
He's a bit like the brothers, has talent, good skills but there seems to be a key ingredient missing. For me he isn't agressive enough for a key position player.

Nope I agree. If you forced me to bet a thousand pounds either way right now, I would say he won't make it. It goes without saying that I hope I am spectacularly wrong

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 12:29:23 AM »
I think he could be our link man between midfield and Bent but he haven't proven anything yet. would like him to go out on a season loan with a good footballing side as long he get regular football and used properly. 

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
I think 20 is still pretty young for a forward,so its harsh to write him off yet,especially as he hasn't fully developed physichally as well as match experience.

I've always thought he's been quite lively when he comes on,the blues cup game for example.

With Carew and possibly Emile off in the summer,he may get more of a sniff.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
what i find amazing is that people are writing him off at the age of 20 because he has played in fits and starts for the first team since the age of 17 years old, scored, and showed signs of his ability, yet marc albrighton and ciaran clark are hailed as future superstars even though they only really started playing for the first team since the age of 21...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal