collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League Predictable?  (Read 5365 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Premier League Predictable?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
Sky is not totally to the blame as UEFA Champions League is another reason. It make team very strong and competitive and team find it harder to stay competitive.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »
If you think the Premier League is uncompetitive take a look at the Portuguese top flight.

After only 28 games Porto are top with almost double the points of the team in 3rd!!! They've won all but 2 matches which they drew.

Crazy!

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
Tottenham could be in real trouble if they have planned on European football and end up with nothing at all this year, could Harry be taking them the same path as Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham, and Bournmouth and into administration.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
Tottenham could be in real trouble if they have planned on European football and end up with nothing at all this year, could Harry be taking them the same path as Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham, and Bournmouth and into administration.

Here's hoping.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:29 PM »
Depressingly predictable and part of the reason I'm increasingly falling out of love with the game.  Unless you're one of the 'big' teams now there's precious little to aim for every season - especially with a manager who believes we are unworthy to compete for the FA Cup. Renewing my season ticket now is becoming force of habit rather than feverish excitement.

I think I'd go along with that.  I'm less and less inclined to watch football that doesn't involve Villa.

I agree totally. The Premier League is at an all time low in terms of quality as far as concerned

I may be an old git, but I can remember a time when even the lesser teams in the first division had a player or two who was worth the entrance money alone

I also think the standard across Europe is very poor too, as witnessed by as bad a semi-final line up in the CL as I can remember - one team obviously excepted - and the fact that dross like Spurs can reach the quarter final. Apart from Messi, who is there to excite you? Compare that with the line ups that AC, Inter, Ajax, Bayern used to be able to put out...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal