collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Team for next week  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Team for next week
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
I want to get Delph time on the pitch but he hasn't played for weeks so wouldn't start him, i put Walker in midfied because he is aggressive and very quick, Petrov is just too slow for me,  Makoun will be good for us next season but he hasn't adjusdted to the pace of the prem.
There are not many on our list that fill me with confidence or who feel they owe any loyalty to the club.

So you'd put a right back in the centre of midfield for a key game?  Are you MON is disguise? lol  FWIW I'd go for a solid and unspectacular 4-5-1 with Bent on his own up top.  Friedel, Walker, Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Downing, NRC, Delph, Makoun, Young and Bent.  Don't lose.  The point (at least) could be very valuable.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 01:53:27 PM »
                  Siegrist

Walker  Cuellar Dunne (if fit) Young

Albrighton  Petrov Bannan  Downing

Bent   Agbonlahor

** Yes, I've said it.  I'd drop Ashley**

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 02:07:30 PM »
I want to get Delph time on the pitch but he hasn't played for weeks so wouldn't start him, i put Walker in midfied because he is aggressive and very quick, Petrov is just too slow for me,  Makoun will be good for us next season but he hasn't adjusdted to the pace of the prem.
There are not many on our list that fill me with confidence or who feel they owe any loyalty to the club.

So you'd put a right back in the centre of midfield for a key game?  Are you MON is disguise? lol  FWIW I'd go for a solid and unspectacular 4-5-1 with Bent on his own up top.  Friedel, Walker, Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Downing, NRC, Delph, Makoun, Young and Bent.  Don't lose.  The point (at least) could be very valuable.

Better than playing the same midfield that could not break down a pathetic ten man West Brom.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 02:27:23 PM »
Friedel

Walker - Cuellar - Collins (sigh) - L.Young

Delph - Coker - Makoun

A.Young - Bent - Downing

OR

same defence...

A.Young - Coker - Makoun - Downing

Gabby/Heskey - Bent

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »

Better than playing the same midfield that could not break down a pathetic ten man West Brom.

Well, here's a thought.  Play a different midfield then.  Involve Makoun, Delph, Bannan, Albrighton etc, call up Gary Gardner or Michael Bradley.  But don't put a right back in the centre of midfield. We are bad enough as it is.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 04:50:48 PM »
                               Friedel

Walker       Cuellar         Clark         L.Young

Makoun

Albrighton   Bannan    Delph.      Downing

Bent

4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 for me, maybe with Gabby if we're 4-3-3

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »
Everyone seems to have forgotten Pires?

I haven't.  I see that cnut every time I close my eyes at night.  It's a never ending nightmare.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 02:06:18 AM »
I'd like to see Siegrist in goal but it'll never happen

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
I'd bring back Heskey if he's fit in place of Gabby. That's really the only change i'd make. If Heskey is'nt fit, i'd recall Delfouneso and have him on the bench.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:36:51 AM by clampy »

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
If we win we're definitely safe and I wouldn't experiment too much for this game. I wouldn't drop NRC or Petrov, but I would bring in Cuellar for Collins and Heskey for Gabby. And I wouldn't have Pires on the bench, let alone in the starting XI.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal