collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The future of Houllier and McAllister?  (Read 347939 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Houllier and McAllister out!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »
Not a dig at the OP, but calling for this now is unnecessary.

And might make us look like cants into the bargain, what with him just fresh out of hospital.

I share the frustration, and if there's any suggestion that the board do  want to keep this managerial dream team in place past the summer, I'll be right in the vanguard with you.

But in all likelyhood he (and Gary Mac) will be gone, so lets look forward to that and an end to this culture of backbiting, excuses and passing the buck that has dogged this total arse of a season.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
Oh yes, lots to be positive about, where do we start?

I had Odemwinge in my fantasy team.  But I also had Bent and Ashley Young!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
Drawing at home to sturk and losing to wba today was with mccalister in charge, not Houllier. Just thought I'd let some ppl know this.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »
Drawing at home to sturk and losing to wba today was with mccalister in charge, not Houllier. Just thought I'd let some ppl know this.

You mean McAllister? You're absolutely right it was the assistant manager Gary McAllister, appointed by manager Gerard Houllier, who has presided over Gerard Houllier's Aston Villa team for the last two matches and picked up one point.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »
All sympathy aside, it's abslolutely fuckin shit and has been since day one.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
It's the blind leading the blind

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 06:57:36 PM »
Twice Petrov was a decent ball short of a relatively easy assist for Bent to convert - twice he fucked up.

Him; Dunne, Young L and NRC must be shipped out as soon as.

Don't blame McA too much,  he's an Asst Manager for a good reason.

'Root and branch' for the millionth time since I've supported the club.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
Surely the debate about who is most at fault is pointless when they all are. Randy made a dodgy appointment, particularly in mind of the timing of it, and failed to rectify a bad situation when it was a realistic option. To be fair getting Bent in might have bought us out of the shit, which is due some praise. Houllier - under different circumstances probably would have been good for the club but not the man to inherit a rabble of fat, limited players with shit attitudes after a charismatic manager holding them together fucked off at the eleventh hour. And GM just an empty uniform clearly held in contempt by the players plus a managerial lightweight - absolutely not the man to get us over the line. And the players themselves are beneath contempt, with a few exceptions. Gutless wankers, bottled it again and again when we've had a chance to pull away, especially the so called senior players. Add in O'fuckface laughing his shrivelled old bollocks off somewhere (the biggest single culprit), MacDonald who bottled it and put us deeper in the shit with some diabolical results and it's just one giant unmitigated clusterfuck. I just hope the summer is a total fucking bonfire, and I still trust Randy to do that.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »

You mean McAllister? You're absolutely right it was the assistant manager Gary McAllister, appointed by manager Gerard Houllier, who has presided over Gerard Houllier's Aston Villa team for the last two matches and picked up one point.

Absolutely.  Why don't people seem to understand that G Mac was appointed by Houllier? 

Offline ez

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
Houllier has been an awful appointment. As villa managers go he's down there with Turner, McNeil and Venglos.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »
Thankfully, we only have 3 more weeks of this regime to endure

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
Luke Young and Coker certainly do NOT deserve to be 'shipped out' as soon as. Both are good players who do offer something to the team.

L.Young is a good left-back, he plays in that position well and Coker has put energy back into the midfield. Coker may not be the most skillful and talented of players, but he tries hard and plays hard from start to finish.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »
I love it. As soon as we lose a game the knee jerks come out. So boring and so predictable. We lost 2-1 away against probably the best baggies team in 20years with our manager just out of hospital. I suggest some of you go and support Liverpool, you will fit right in. Completely short sighted opinions....

I agree with you.

Maybe was O'leary was right...we are fickle.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »
It's our first defeat in5 and was very close...now there are calls to sack the management-where was this thread during the last four weeks? Fucking no where. I call this knee jerk. And very boring.

I think you are McAllister using an alias!
Haha, I'm glad I'm not, it would probably send me over the edge reading this thread. I just think that football dynasties are built on continuity and having patience when things aren't going right. I have genuine belief we can turn this round. We need a full close season and pre season. If by the start of November things have not improved I will start a thread with the same title.....

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
I love it. As soon as we lose a game the knee jerks come out. So boring and so predictable. We lost 2-1 away against probably the best baggies team in 20years with our manager just out of hospital. I suggest some of you go and support Liverpool, you will fit right in. Completely short sighted opinions....

I agree with you.

Maybe was O'leary was right...we are fickle.

That's Liverpool, who recognised that, for whatever reason, their managerial team just wasn't doing the business, so they made a change, appointed a new manager and are now in 6th place in the league? How silly of them to be so fickle as to sack their underachieving manager and appoint a better one. They should have stuck with him and been thankful to be flirting with relegation. Scouse idiots.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal