collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The future of Houllier and McAllister?  (Read 348082 times)

Offline black pearl of inchicore

Re: Houllier and McAllister out!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »
what the hell was Pires brought on for........beggars belief that he gets game time....This club has come to a Standstill......Mac has'nt a clue.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
It's just about experience. Hodgson made right substitution G Mac didn't

Houllier is a good manager it hasn't worked this season but who know's it may have worked next season. As it is, he won't be there next season so to call for his head now is pointless in my opinion. I personally think we'll lose next 3 games. Overall we'll stay up, Someone else will be in charge next season

Offline villa for life

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »
I love the comment mattjpa - the knee jerk accusation has been hilarious all season. If we lose, the pessimists and critics are deemed asonly having knee jerk reactions, but a win and out come the "we might get into Europe" brigade, yet nobody says that is knee jerk!!! Such double standards...

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »
We lost 2-1 away against probably the best baggies team in 20years
Man for man we're a much better team, you also seem to forget they were down to 10 men.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »
I just hope that Houllier does what he considers to be the honourable thing and resign, before Randy does what he considers to be the honourable thing and gives him a summer of recuperation and another season.

I want a new manager in place ASAP - and that hasn't changed since I saw the shit that was the "performance" at Eastlands in December.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
Isn't it pretty much impossible to have a reaction which is "kneejerk" when we're still not safe from relegation with three matches to play? Surely, given those circumstances, any reaction is going to be influenced by the preceeding 35 matches, and therefore not kneejerk?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »
I just hope that Houllier does what he considers to be the honourable thing and resign, before Randy does what he considers to be the honourable thing and gives him a summer of recuperation and another season.

A summer of recuperation, with us not knowing what's going to be there at the end of it - GH? Not GH? GM in charge for a few months? - would be absolutely disastrous for us.

There's doing the right thing, and there's doing the right thing for the football club.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »
Oh yes, lots to be positive about, where do we start?

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »
It's our first defeat in5 and was very close...now there are calls to sack the management-where was this thread during the last four weeks? Fucking no where. I call this knee jerk. And very boring.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
What the hell is kneejerk about having to put up with this crap all season? Dear me...

Massive summer coming up - as far as I can see, we need one hell of a clear out starting with the management team and then about half a dozen players need to sod off, and that's probably a conservative estimate

Offline ez

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
If GH intends to retire he should announce it now or at least let Randy know.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
It's our first defeat in5 and was very close...now there are calls to sack the management-where was this thread during the last four weeks? Fucking no where. I call this knee jerk. And very boring.

I think you are McAllister using an alias!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
I love it. As soon as we lose a game the knee jerks come out. So boring and so predictable. We lost 2-1 away against probably the best baggies team in 20years with our manager just out of hospital. I suggest some of you go and support Liverpool, you will fit right in. Completely short sighted opinions....

Knee jerk? 41 points from 35 games still not  mathematically safe with 3 games to go. How is that knee jerk? What's your expectation from a coaching team on about £3m a year and most of the players on 50K a week?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »
Oh yes, lots to be positive about, where do we start?

As usual, our fans were brilliant.

Erm..

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
Why bring back Bannan and have Delph on the bench as well then put on Pires?  It beggars belief.  I guess the excuse will be experience was needed.  So how does that excuse putting on Clarke instead of Cuellar for Dunne?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal