collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The future of Houllier and McAllister?  (Read 346588 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
The future of Houllier and McAllister?
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm really not one to start threads like this but today's the final straw.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster.  Even for a season of transition as this undoubtedly was, we've been beaten by the Blues in the cup they went on to win and we've now been beaten in the league by Smethwick for the first time since TVs started showing things in colour, and as a result there's every chance they'll finish above us.

Certain players need to be shipped out, granted, but the quality of this squad is such that we should not be sitting on 41 points after 35 games.  It's just not good enough.  And for such quality players to be delivering such shit results only points to one thing - the management team.

And I don't buy the argument that Houllier needs to buy his own players.  A good manager will make the best of the players available to him.  Someone who can only get results out of certain players is very one-dimentional and in my mind that's not good enough for a club like ours.

The only time I remember the Villa worsening so much in the space of a season was the infamous Joseph Venglos season where he took a team that finished 2nd, minus Platty, and only just kept us up by one place.  He lost his job for that and Houllier and McAllister should suffer the same fate for doing a very similar, if not quite as dramatic, balls up themselves.

I'm so angry about this I really could scream!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:21:19 PM by Legion »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Houllier and McAllister out!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »
I am with you. Today the blame was half and half. Some of the players like Ash Young can F O as soon as any one wants them and McAllister FFS why remove  both NRC and Petrov when they were bossing the midfield. Hodgson  showed him up for what he is an inadequate coach at this level.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:00:55 PM »
Anyone would think we have lost for the 5th consecutive game not the first time in 5 games.

3 games left then its down to Randy to take some hard measures and quick.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
There's a reason that McAllister is the harbinger of relegation for football clubs. It's because he's shit. Hopefully we have too many points for even him to manage to take us down, but he's a useless fuck and I hope he gets the sack ASAP.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »
Ok, so while Houllier is released from hospital yesterday, you start a thread that this could have been put on from any of a number started weeks ago. Most likely they will leave when Houllier can't continue, but he had just got some decent results when he fell ill, and today may have been different had we taken chances and or he been present. Frankly, as long as we stay up I could not give a monkeys about the results now. Just want the season over, and whoever is in charge get a propper summer to sort it for next season.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »
Anyone would think we have lost for the 5th consecutive game not the first time in 5 games.

That doesn't tell anything like the whole story.
We've been uniformally shit for most of the season.

It's not working. Time for a fresh approach.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »

If you want to talk about consecutive games, what about the stat that we've only won two games in a row twice this season?  And the last time we did that the manager decided to chuck the next game whilst telling the world we wouldn't have beaten that team anyway.

That management team is dragging the club down.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »
I don't really feel right having a go at Houllier on the day he comes out of the hospital. He had started to turn things round prior to his illness but I'm still not sure about him.

McAllister is clueless. Our players are gutless wankers. Thank fuck it will take a series of unlikely events for us to go down.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
 When Ozzjim, you say "Frankly, as long as we stay up I could not give a monkeys about the results now."
Nice thought, but I feel that they might be slightly connected. !

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
The complete failure of the management to organise anything like a competent defence, is pitiful.

The same mistakes are repeated time and time again.

Offline ez

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »
I'll be crapping it from the start if GH is still manager next season. He doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »

If you want to talk about consecutive games, what about the stat that we've only won two games in a row twice this season?  And the last time we did that the manager decided to chuck the next game whilst telling the world we wouldn't have beaten that team anyway.

That management team is dragging the club down.

So did you start a Houllier out thread in the last 5 games ? I wonder why not

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 06:08:07 PM »
I dont like to say it but its time the management and half the squad go. Lets just hope Houllier, who i dont dislike as a person and seems honorouble enough, does the decent thing and quits as soon as season is over. This will give us enough time to get the right man in and time to sort out the squad over the summer.We cannot afford him to wait til mid july before the inevitable resignation through health grounds comes

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »

Anyone would think we've just surrendered a lead to a shit, ten-man West Brom side.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
I love it. As soon as we lose a game the knee jerks come out. So boring and so predictable. We lost 2-1 away against probably the best baggies team in 20years with our manager just out of hospital. I suggest some of you go and support Liverpool, you will fit right in. Completely short sighted opinions....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal