collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your Feelings towards Baggies  (Read 25302 times)

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Your Feelings towards Baggies
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
Lowest form of life lower than a snake’s belly. Oh and I do not like them.
When they play small heath sad to say on that day I am a nose.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:31 AM »
Have baggie uncle and cousin so want them to do well except when playing us of course.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 09:19:51 AM »
They are our historical rivals and as such I'm pleased that they're in the top division, provided they don't do too well. 

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »
They're somewhere inbetween SHA and Coventry

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
never really thought that much about them tbh...

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 10:04:50 AM »
I don't like them there fans are a bunch of toss pots I can't stand that Adrian Chiles when flicking through his book he bad mouthed the Villa in it no need for that so can't stand them they are never going to pose a threat to us.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »
Why were you reading his book?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »
Lowest form of life lower than a snake’s belly. Oh and I do not like them.
When they play small heath sad to say on that day I am a nose.

Bloody hell mate, steady on !!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 10:21:10 AM »
Im a bit meh on them really, I don't like Chiles the sour faced wanker, but I have been down when I got the offer of a free ticket once otr twice, They are not as irritating as Blues but my one mate gets a bit on his high horse when we beat them, He always thinks we cheated by diving and getting free kicks, he's a bit bitter about the 2-1 from a couple of years ago.

For that reason I want to beat them as I want to beat any team we play but I don't hate them, I reserve that for Blues

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
I feel sorry for them & pity their little fans.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
Growing up in Shropshire I always used to dislike Wolves more because there were more of them about and they were all over the local paper. Plus they looked most likely to come up and challenge us (mid 90s). However I've taken a real dislike to Albion since they've been up. They've been consistently crap, even the year they stayed up they didn't get 40 points, but they act like they're something special. When Mowbray (who I really dislike) slagged us after we beat them the other season it really wound me up. He was criticising us yet they were bottom and we were 3rd. Never liked them since even though he's gone
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:45:28 PM by Meanwood Villa »

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »
As a kid when we were in the Third and Second Divisions it was at First Division Albion where I'd first experience seeing top players in "real life" - Bobby Charlton, George Best, Charlie Cooke, Billy Bremner etc. You'd get a lot of Villa fans at their games against Utd, Chelsea, Leeds etc.
Football was affordable in the 70s and 80s so I'd always find a local game to go to if Villa weren't playing, usually midweek. I'd go down the Blues always wanting the opposition to win, but at Albion I would just to go to watch football without caring who won. And I feel pretty much the same way now if they're on tele.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »
I grew up in Smethwick in the 60s and 70s and while there were quite a few Villa at my schools there were a lot of Albion who were all too willing to gloat when they beat us, which they used to do a fair bit until the mid 70s.  Of course most of them hardly ever went to a game, but that didn't stop them.  So I hated Albion and losing to them far more than Blues, who didn't seem to have many fans round our way.   Since then I suppose I've stopped seeing them as big rivals, plus some of my oldest mates are season ticket holders and I think they are a decent club with a good tradition, so I've developed something of a soft spot for them, which I never ever thought would happen.  Still hope we beat the bastards though.  I think they might actually establish themselves and become rivals again under Hodgson. 

On the other hand the events of 2002-2003 have made me despise the Blues and some of their fans.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
I've hated some of their players for what they did to ours.  The Cropley incident we all know about but there was also the day they kicked lumps out of our team at their place with Graydon going off injured by the butcher Ally Robertson.

That apart I don't really mind the Albion, the friends I have who are Albion fans know where they sit in the pecking order and it's no where near the top.  They also don't have or at least don't show that streak of bitterness you associate with those from Bordesley.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
I think they might actually establish themselves and become rivals again under Hodgson.

I'm thinking that too.  I get the impression that in the minds of many Albion fans they've already moved ahead of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal