collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your Feelings towards Baggies  (Read 25279 times)

Offline luke25

Re: Your Feelings towards Baggies
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 12:31:49 AM »
Much like Wolves, there fans do my head in at times but strangely I always find myself wanting them to do well, well not do well as in winning trophies etc, but i prefer them in the top division than out of it, I certainly don't hate them, more of a mild irritation when we play them but not much after that.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 12:46:37 AM »
Much like Wolves, there fans do my head in at times but strangely I always find myself wanting them to do well, well not do well as in winning trophies etc, but i prefer them in the top division than out of it, I certainly don't hate them, more of a mild irritation when we play them but not much after that.

Sums up my feelings pretty well.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:04 AM »
I don't have any really strong feelings about them any more apart from acknowledging the fact that they have played decent,  if not always effective,  football.

I had a strong dislike of them in my teens after we played them in the League Cup early in the ghastly 69/70 season at Villa Park; they were in Division 1 and we were in Division 2 on route to Division 3. For some reason I ended up with a lot of Villa fans in the Witton End and it all kicked off big time with bricks flying everywhere. And we lost.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 01:32:25 AM »

This is how I feel, although I do find it amusing how much they hate us.  I really couldn't care less about them, our derby game is Small Heath as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 02:05:57 AM »
Don't care about them or the blues they're both irrelevant

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »
My Mom's side of the family are all baggies fans (from Smethwick) and despite that, I don't have a problem with them, in fact I have a soft spot for them.   Growing up in Solihull, it was always Blues that were the rivals, no Baggies fans around.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 05:41:44 AM »
It's a derby but i dont hate them. My dad was a Baggies fan in his youth. I've said it before, if there had been  no Villa back in 1988  i'd have been a WBA fan - but fortunately there was a Villa back then so thats me claret and blue for life. I dont mind seeing WBA doing well provided they arent beating us or generally getting the upper hand which they havent in my supporting life time. My first memory of playing them was the 1990 FA Cup tie when Daley scored a screamer in a 2-0 win so happy memories of this fixture and i hope it continues.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »
Growing up first in Chase Terrace and then Great Barr we had plenty of Albion fans around so to me it was a massive game as a kid. Generally I have found them ok, but that is because for most of my life we have easily had the upper hand, even at their place, so it was easy to fend them off. It is definitely always a big game for me, but much less so since I moved from Brum. Over the years I think this rivalry has diminished whilst that with the noses has ramped up.

Off the top of my head I can’t remember us losing to them since 1985 away, a very depressing game in a very depressing era.

Offline petegoldring

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 06:14:32 AM »
I like the Baggies. My brother supports them and I used to go down to the Hawthorns with him when Villa were away.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »
I'm going to have to vent some anger - they're a bunch of wankers.

Another small club whose fans are obsessed with all things Villa, while the majorority ( i.e. more than 50%) of Villa fans don't give a toss about them.

Tossers.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:17 AM »
Growing up had no issues with them, didn't know any Albion fans and we hardly ever played them. That all changed the day Alex Cropley had his leg broken and those bastards celebrated.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 08:14:24 AM »
Laughable wankers.

Massive delusions of grandeur to boot.

Fuck them, Fuck Frank Skinner and Fuck Adrian Chiles.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:30 AM »
Worked in Smethwick for 10 years after leaving school. I was one of the very few Villa supporters in a company that employed around 2,000 people. When I wasn't over at Small Heath with my bluenose mate on alternate Saturdays, I was at the Hawthorns with my work mates. I liked the Albion fans and still do. There are of course a lot more stupid gobshite wankers around these days, but that's the same for any club, including the Villa.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:41 AM »
The rivalry in the 70s and early 80s was pretty fierce and that's where my feelings still sit. They were a hard uncompromising side then, but good aswell. The games used to be every bit as venomous as Blose have been in recent seasons.

Strange that the rivalry seems to have mellowed - I think that may be due to them not beating us for such a long time. That may change at the weekend.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
Are you going to tell them why you don't like them, Dave?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal