collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs or the jairmans?  (Read 13264 times)

Offline richardhubbard

Re: Mancs or the jairmans?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
I just wanna see manc scum get thumped against  a Spanish team 4 nil at wembley!

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
I join the rest of Europe in hoping that the Premier League never gets another representative in the Champions League final UNTIL the greed-fuelled league, association and clubs start to put the interests of true fans at the top of their agenda. Greed should never be rewarded.

Good luck to Schalke - a club that finished 8th in Germany two seasons ago, and hasn't won a championship since 1958. Good luck to German football - I hope you reap the rewards for the way you treat your fans.

No doubt the atmosphere in Gelsenkirchen tonight will surpass anything witnessed at any English ground this season.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »
schalke for me as i'm a fully paid up member of the bitter against man utd club

but in a ideal world, i would pay a lot of money to see this happen -
Real Madrid get through to the final, Man utd think now they have a good chance of winning,
 0-0 into the 89th minuet when Ronanldo takes a dive in the box not a soft 50/50 dive but a proper cheating bastard dive like he used to over here,
Real win it  1 nil,  Karma

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
United already think they're in the final.

Schalke are there just as salad dressing apparently.

Don't know where this unjustified self confidence comes from TBH. That Schalke team contains a fair smattering of German internationals plus the likes of Raul and Huntelaar. The current United side is probably the weakest they've had for a while. Better United sides than this one have failed to beat ze Germans over two legs in the past.

It's the Boxheads for me. I hope they take them to the facking cleaners.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »
I want to see Raul score the winning goal in the final against Real Madrid, just to see how he reacts.

Or, alternatively, Raul scoring the winner against Barcelona in the final, that'd be quite funny, too.

I love watching Barcelona play, they're such a wonderful side, but it'd still be good to see Schalke beat them in the final.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
Tough one for me. I would love Shalke to knock ManU out however the thought of Barcalona stuffing ManU in the final appeals as well.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
Schalke for me as my buddy is from Gelsenkirchen but the winner will come from tomorrow's tie!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
Schalke for me, Germany is a lovely country and I have no problem with them. Manure on the other hand, I cannot stand.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
Sadly now 2-0 for manure

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
And just to make it clear, I would support any team from any land in a final against a British club, as every time a British club fails it keeps the club I love in an elite group. Call me small time and petty, but that’s just how it is.

That's pretty much my take on it, too.

However, there are various levels within that "wishing ill on all British clubs" thing.

For example, I loathe Man United, and I loathe Chelsea, however, Chelsea winning the CL would be far worse than Man United doing so, as it would expand our exclusive club. I much prefer Arsenal as a club to Man United, for example, but I would rather they won the CL than Arsenal, for the same reasons.

However, why anyone who didn't support those clubs would actively want any of the English CL sides to win it is beyond me - all it does is exacerbate the financial gap between the most successful clubs and us.

Dieses

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 11:21:55 PM »
I support anyone against Man U. They are the epitome of footballing evil.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 07:23:34 AM »
Bugger  - looks like another CL final for them manx ******

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
No Brainer, Schalke. I hate Manure more than Blues

Absolutely. Whilst I can certainly appreciate what they've acheived as a team, it's their fans and the media that make me hate them.

The thought of them at Wembley, pissed up, spitting and hitting out at any Spaniard that happens to walk by, whether they be scarfers, women or children or just picking off individuals when they greatly outnumber them, make them in my book the scum of English football. It's not just young scallies, it's 40 and 50 year blokes. They really are complete and utter wankers. I've seen them here a few years ago against Benfica, marching through, pushing everybody out of their way, trying to provoke trouble, always against the innocent. My guess is they weren't so brave in places like Turkey or Glasgow. As recently as the FA Cup semi final they were at it again. This BlueMoon thread is well worth a read:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=215963

As for the media, all they care about is Man Utd. Maybe it's down to advertising revenue based on all the wankers up and down the country that 'support' Man United but don't they realise they're killing the game from within. It's like no other team exists and they are determined to make Man Utd a 'superbrand' that represents English football. Somebody mentioned recently that all their cup games have been televised live. A recent midweek Guardian had 4 (FOUR) pages covering a win against somebody like Stoke. There were plenty of Championship games played on the same night but apart from the results, not a single word written. Everywhere you look, watch, it's all the media seem interested in; Man United.

How long this can go on for I've no idea. I really do wish they'd fuck off to some UEFA Plc European Super League and give us our game back. It wasn't so long ago, at the start of the season, you could seriously consider up to eleven teams that were capable of winning the league. Now it's a toss up between Man Utd and A N Other. Spain may have always been like that with Real and Baeca but England never was, nor should it be. TV revenue both from Sky and the Champions League plus the additional wealth from sponsorship have led to the rich getting richer, the gap between the top and the rest leads to an unfair playing field and there's no going back.

The Rags or Man United? The knuckledraggers don't even come close.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:34:52 PM by Mark Kelly »

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »
SSN pundits describing the game as a " Masterclass" from Manchester United and there was me thinking that it was just Schalke that were unbelievably shite

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 02:55:22 PM »
SSN pundits describing the game as a " Masterclass" from Manchester United and there was me thinking that it was just Schalke that were unbelievably shite

After 5 mins I said to my mate, Schalke are worse than Wigan on a bad day.  By the end of the game that had been changed to Newport County.  They were utterly useless.  If it had of been 7 or 8 nil it would have been about right. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal