collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs or the jairmans?  (Read 13265 times)

Offline WikiVilla

Re: Mancs or the jairmans?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 01:06:10 PM »
Is there a Spurs option ?

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
So there isn't a "Don't care" option?

Don't read the thread was your option. You can't have a 'don't care' option because one of them has to go through to the final; it's called knock out cup football.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
Germans for me, hate listening to them glory manure fans wanking off in there armchairs, then copying word for word what the commentator says the next day. Wankers

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
Man.utd. For me. English team to beat a German team anyday. Fuck the huns.

Who are Rangers playing?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
Schalke.   Just like I supported Bayern in the final agains them - although that didn't work out so well.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »
No Brainer, Schalke. I hate Manure more than Blues

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
A song for Europe ?

Club songs"Blau und weiß, wie lieb ich Dich" (Blue and White How I Love You) and "Königsblauer S04" (Royal Blue S04) are the official club songs.

Popular unofficial songs are

"Oppa Pritschikowski",
"Wir sind Schalker",
"Schalke ist die Macht"
and probably the most famous  "Steht auf, wenn ihr Schalker seid" to the melody of Go West.

Offline achilles

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 01:49:33 PM »
No brainer, can't stand manure!

Online NeilH

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
ABMU – Anyone But Man Utd. The mere thought of more success being handed to that lot makes my lunch rise up my stomach. I was once asked by a Man Utd fan if I wished I had been born in Manchester instead so that I could be a Man Utd supporter, which just about surmises why they don’t get it. I never have to  explain why I’m a Villa fan, I never have to give my place of birth as a Villa fan and I never ever get disparaging looks as a Villa fan (expect from local team rivals , which I can live with). I wouldn’t swap it for all the success they’ve had and I sincerely hope that they are royally shafted tonight.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »
have to say I really want to see Barca stuff ManUre at Wembley & SAF walk off in a huff

A tempting option. Something like 8-0 would be most enjoyable.

That said I'd like some underdogs like Schalke to win the bloody thing.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »
I don't think you have to be an "ABMU" to not want Man U to win.  If winning the Champions League was just about glory and achievement, I wouldn't begrudge them. 

Unfortunately, there's also the massive financial rewards that go with it, which tips the playing field towards a sharp incline.  It's this money that has really made the difference for the "Top 4" and meant they can afford bigger and deeper squads and monopolise the domestic league and cups.

So because winning or getting to the final would also serve to damage Villa, I just can't back them.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 02:13:49 PM »
I was once asked by a Man Utd fan if I wished I had been born in Manchester instead so that I could be a Man Utd supporter,
I hope you answered " Since when have ManU fans come from Manchester"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:15:59 PM by VILLALWAYS »

Online NeilH

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »
I was once asked by a Man Utd fan if I wished I had been born in Manchester instead so that I could be a Man Utd supporter,
I hope you answered " Since when have ManU fans come from Manchester"

He was a genuine Manc with a true dislike for the plastic fans, thus the gloryhunter comment would have been cheap and unfair. However what truly wound me up is this assumption that Man Utd fans are blessed and that all other supporters envy them. I have never ever in my life met any supporter who envies Man Utd and that’s what makes their misguided ‘fans’ so foolish.

And just to make it clear, I would support any team from any land in a final against a British club, as every time a British club fails it keeps the club I love in an elite group. Call me small time and petty, but that’s just how it is.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »
And just to make it clear, I would support any team from any land in a final against a British club, as every time a British club fails it keeps the club I love in an elite group. Call me small time and petty, but that’s just how it is.

That's pretty much my take on it, too.

However, there are various levels within that "wishing ill on all British clubs" thing.

For example, I loathe Man United, and I loathe Chelsea, however, Chelsea winning the CL would be far worse than Man United doing so, as it would expand our exclusive club. I much prefer Arsenal as a club to Man United, for example, but I would rather they won the CL than Arsenal, for the same reasons.

However, why anyone who didn't support those clubs would actively want any of the English CL sides to win it is beyond me - all it does is exacerbate the financial gap between the most successful clubs and us.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
Schalke 04 every time, i used to go and watch them a lot when i lived in Germany, so i still look out for how they are doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal