collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Last 4 games  (Read 18590 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Last 4 games
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 06:07:59 PM »
When's the season review dvd out? :-\

Coming to a poundstretcher soon!

Offline Reuben

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 06:15:54 PM »

In fairness, I remember watching the 1988/89 season on VHS loads of times.  We avoided relegation there near the end.  I'll have to go and compare the seasons.  I was probably more passionate about football then.  It may have also been the very first season review videos too so maybe it was the novelty?

Offline ez

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »

Think there'll be a lap of honour/appreciation after the Liverpool game?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 12:22:29 AM »
A lap of apathy.
A lapathy if you will.

Offline Simba

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2011, 05:30:55 AM »
Aye. I can picture the lapathy now.

Players trudging leaden footed - like Stan after sixty minutes - heads bowed and watched by pale blue seats of cold plastic. Tombstones of those departed from us.

And from the remaining few, yet to depart, a silent vigil but for a faint and constant 'hiss' of hate.

The drizzle out of a grey sky with a cold wind whipping sodden corner flags into sharp slaps of wet cloth - a cutting mockery of real applause.  The Holte silent as the grave except for the occasional keening wail of a fan overcome by mourning for times past.

The mournful "caw.....  caw" of an expectant Crow. Black of heart in it's need to scavenge from the dead remains of a once proud band of Brothers. "Aaaaaagh" screams a demented man living in the bowels of the Holte
"It's Vic come back to Haunt us !"

And as if to accompany the slowing heartbeat of those brave souls unable to leave this funeral march of misery and shame:

The Bells. Those Fuckin' Bells.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »

In fairness, I remember watching the 1988/89 season on VHS loads of times.  We avoided relegation there near the end.  I'll have to go and compare the seasons.  I was probably more passionate about football then.  It may have also been the very first season review videos too so maybe it was the novelty?

Me too - same with the 1994-95 one. Both had far more memorable games than the non-descript rubbish seen this season.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2011, 10:35:11 AM »

What a great entrance for the team - the clanging chimes of doom. Utterly ridiculous.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
Aye. I can picture the lapathy now.

Players trudging leaden footed - like Stan after sixty minutes - heads bowed and watched by pale blue seats of cold plastic. Tombstones of those departed from us.

And from the remaining few, yet to depart, a silent vigil but for a faint and constant 'hiss' of hate.

The drizzle out of a grey sky with a cold wind whipping sodden corner flags into sharp slaps of wet cloth - a cutting mockery of real applause.  The Holte silent as the grave except for the occasional keening wail of a fan overcome by mourning for times past.

The mournful "caw.....  caw" of an expectant Crow. Black of heart in it's need to scavenge from the dead remains of a once proud band of Brothers. "Aaaaaagh" screams a demented man living in the bowels of the Holte
"It's Vic come back to Haunt us !"

And as if to accompany the slowing heartbeat of those brave souls unable to leave this funeral march of misery and shame:

Marvellous.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 12:44:38 PM »

Me too - same with the 1994-95 one. Both had far more memorable games than the non-descript rubbish seen this season.

Around the late 80's I was in danger of becoming a Blues supporter, so my Dad went out quicksmart and got me the Villa season review for season 1989/90 and the official history on VHS for my tenth birthday.

Thanks Dad :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal