collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bent for sale?  (Read 15005 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Bent for sale?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
The title of this thread is a bit ridiculous and negative.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »
Why exactly are we discussing this?? We've been through enough this season without imagining the worst!

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
Delete all.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
£100 million plus Milner then I might consider it.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »
Welcome Bigmatt. Nice to have you on the forum however try to be a little less depressing in the future topics!
As for Benty no f in way... he is ours and really who out of the 5/6 can come for him?
Not Manu, not Chelsea, not Spurs, not Liverpool, not Manshhitty they all have 2/3 or 4 strikers , maybe Arsenal but they will have to change their style of play entirely and they don't have £50M.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
Arsenal being in the market for some no frills English player that will complete the jigsaw is a hoary old football myth.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
I can honestly see this happening, especially from Man City and Arsenal, but we should be getting at least £35 Million for the lad.

In fairness...we could use that money to improve the squad in general, buying 2 full-backs, a centre-half, an engine in midfield, and a goalkeeper.

Oh, and a new manager.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
No.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »

In fairness...we could use that money to improve the squad

Selling the player we've all been waiting for since God knows when is not going to improve the squad.  I can't believe any Villa fan would even entertain the idea. 

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »
Arsenal are the only team who would really need him - and I doubt they'll pay the £30-£40 million we would want for him.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
You scared the shit out of me for a split second and then I saw the question mark. 
The answer is no.  He is the best finisher in the country and we are very lucky to have a board that were prepared to shell out for him.  He will bang in 25 goals plus next season for us and no amount of money would tempt Randy to sell.  I'm sick and tired of the media unsettling our players with this sort of speculation and we don't need our own fans giving the likes of Liddle, Holte and Nursey ammunition.  I don't mean to jump on you but the hacks love to make stories out of nothing and I could just imagine a story in the mirror on Monday entitled "Villa fans fear Bent exit".  He is going nowhere.

Absolutely.

I can't understand such a defeatist attitude amongst our own fans.  Arsenal want a twenty goal a season striker?  So what.  Aston Villa have been crying out for one for years, too.  We have one and now we will build a team around him. 

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »

Selling the player we've all been waiting for since God knows when is not going to improve the squad.  I can't believe any Villa fan would even entertain the idea. 

I do agree with you, but I think you've got me wrong.

I'd be gutted if we sold bent, and it would be a travesty to football, but at least we could use that money to improve the long list of faults in the squad.

Just trying to put a positive spin on a negative idea.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 12:15:14 PM »
I can honestly see this happening, especially from Man City and Arsenal, but we should be getting at least £35 Million for the lad.

In fairness...we could use that money to improve the squad in general, buying 2 full-backs, a centre-half, an engine in midfield, and a goalkeeper.

Oh, and a new manager.

I can honestly see it not happening.  What a load of shit-stirring nonsense.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »
Not a hope, go F*ck yourself  anyone. He is the man who will lead us to glory

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 12:26:46 PM »

I do agree with you, but I think you've got me wrong.

I'd be gutted if we sold bent, and it would be a travesty to football, but at least we could use that money to improve the long list of faults in the squad.

Just trying to put a positive spin on a negative idea.

Fair enough, but I believe that had we have signed Bent 2 years ago we'd have qualified for the Champions League.  Under MON we had, at times, all the components of a top 4 side and a top class finisher was the missing link.  MON spent a lot of money on squad players (that he refused to play) and we didn't quite crack it, I'd rather have 1 Darren Bent than 4 Marlon Harewoods.  Besides, who says we won't spend money strengthening the squad anyway?  I don't believe Randy would have spent 18 million on Bent if he didn't intend to see the job through and the board are well aware that we need to strengthen the squad.  In summary, we could get 40 mil for Bent and the best we could do with the money would be to by several average players as no big name player would come to us after selling our star man just after we've bought him.  Quality over quantity.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal