collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Legal action against NRC?  (Read 8851 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: Legal action against NRC?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
That is a truly awful article. I can't see even the most vague or ambiguous premise upon which they base the story.
It is more that our favourite owners are trying to play their usual games of blame and distraction from their own failings.

Absolutely!!!!

That is what I expected it to be about but I then read the story and it doesn't even have that.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 09:59:57 AM »
I very much doubt legal action will be taken. Even Sullivan isnt stupid enough to go to court with a case that cannot be won, and which any legal advice would warn him against pursuing.

On a general note, I always find talk of court cases for football injuries unsavoury. Chelsea fans constantly booed Dean Saunders long long after the Paul Elliott incident. Unless one player has committed an outright ongoing assult on another player away from the ball, something akin to a saturday drunken streetfight, there is no justification ever for such court cases.

Westham fans views here >>    http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?5446627

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:41 AM »
I very much doubt legal action will be taken. Even Sullivan isnt stupid enough to go to court with a case that cannot be won, and which any legal advice would warn him against pursuing.

On a general note, I always find talk of court cases for football injuries unsavoury. Chelsea fans constantly booed Dean Saunders long long after the Paul Elliott incident. Unless one player has committed an outright ongoing assult on another player away from the ball, something akin to a saturday drunken streetfight, there is no justification ever for such court cases.

Westham fans views here >>    http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?5446627

Doesnt seem no blame to NRC there.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 10:13:17 AM »
Speaking to whufc.com, O'Neil said: "It was a successful operation. I have got some joint damage in the ankle that they had to sort but I am told it went well.

"I am disappointed not to be involved for the last five games but I am looking to get back as fast as I can next season. I will be right behind the lads and I'll be cheering them on at the matches."

The early stages of his rehabilitation will mean a frustrating initial period where he has to rest the ankle completely but O'Neil is determined to bounce back quickly.

"I have got my head around the time scales involved for my comeback. I have just got to keep my foot up for a few weeks and then take it from there."

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 10:15:06 AM »
He plays in a game of football these things happen! This is absolutely pathetic!!
As an aside, why do West Ham fans hate him so much?

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
He plays in a game of football these things happen! This is absolutely pathetic!!
As an aside, why do West Ham fans hate him so much?

Probably for the same reasons we hated more of our players until 2 weeks ago.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 10:46:15 AM »
I remember the tackle, foot to foot with Reo taking the ball then the player. I also remember Beelzebub spouting some bollocks about pulling out after Reo won the ball which Reo would have had to have broken several laws of physics to achieve.  This is a non-starter.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:37 AM »
NRC never meant to do him harm these things happen in football I've been hurt in tackles when i played and i didn't want to sue an opposing player.

Offline rutski

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
there are times when suing needs to be done, in this case not.

I sued a player after he broke my tib and fib, dislocated my ankle and tore the tendons in a tackle. This was a challenge from behind on my standing leg and completely snapped it in two. i had a one year old boy, couldnt work as self employed builder for 6 months, finished my playing career and now have plates in my leg keeping it together.
i won the case but it will never compensate for what i lost!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »
He played the ball. Fuck off O'Neill you glass footed fanny.

That's my legal opinion on the matter anyway.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
Saunders' tackle on Elliott was far worse, and he didn't get any punishment.

I don't even recall any West Ham fans going particularly mad at Reo-Coker after the tackle... and they hate him! I don't think any judge in the country would be able to say that Reo-Coker set out to injure him. Plus there's not a single quote in that article from a West Ham source about Reo-Coker. It's just Torygraph shit-stirring.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »
I wonder did Downing consider suing Petrov after he trod on his foot. Would have been interesting if he did, seeing as he joined us a couple of months later.

Offline mozza

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 03:14:23 PM »
If I were Nigel Iwouldn't be losing any sleep over the matter -

Hopefully the player's career won't be affected by what was a strong but fair challenge

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
Wot the fack is 'e goin' to court foar? Dose norveners are a disgrace to the 'ammers shurt, the dozy cant...

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »
What a twat, is that even legal? Surely the players putting himself at risk of injury by playing football?

God damnit if this is what football's coming to it's a good job Roy Keane's not still playing. Surely he could've been sued for this tackle if that's the case:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal