collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: It's gone very quiet just lately  (Read 4321 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
It's gone very quiet just lately
« on: April 16, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
Anyone else noticed that fans of a few clubs not too far from B6 have suddenly gone very very quiet?

Texts, emails, Facebook etc all have tumbleweeds, whereas a couple of weeks ago I couldn't seem to go anywhere without seeing gloating and piss taking comments.

I wonder what's changed?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:04:07 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: It's gone very quiet just lately
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
thing is though peter, they have a trophy this season. They'll be in Europe next, and today's win and other results will probably mean they'll stay up. All in all, they have had a better season than us however you cut it, even if we do manage to finish higher in the league. Let them have their one season over us. We'll be back bigger and better.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
TV, my post was more about the gloating of our situation rather than theirs. For the past month or so i've had so much grief from fans of sha, Albion, Wolves, cov, even Stoke, Forest and even a sodding Chesterfield fan. They've been taking the piss for what felt like every day. No longer top club in the Midlands, relegation blah blah. And suddenly, silence! No replies to my texts, or commens on their FB pages etc.

I do agree though with what you said, and i'd settle for finishing below them and winning a trophy.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »
TV, my post was more about the gloating of our situation rather than theirs. For the past month or so i've had so much grief from fans of sha, Albion, Wolves, cov, even Stoke, Forest and even a sodding Chesterfield fan. They've been taking the piss for what felt like every day. No longer top club in the Midlands, relegation blah blah. And suddenly, silence! No replies to my texts, or commens on their FB pages etc.

I do agree though with what you said, and i'd settle for finishing below them and winning a trophy.
thing is though peter, they have a trophy this season. They'll be in Europe next, and today's win and other results will probably mean they'll stay up. All in all, they have had a better season than us however you cut it, even if we do manage to finish higher in the league. Let them have their one season over us. We'll be back bigger and better.

A better season than us has been, what, about 100 years coming? I'm happy for them. They'll be waiting a long time for that to happen again!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »
With any luck they'll keep these skint owners, sell the best players and disappear down the divisions for a few years after next season.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 12:07:50 AM »
I don't care tbh. It just shows how small time Albion, small heath and Wolves fans are when they're constantly talkiing about us and how bad we are or whatever.

It's all peachy and rosy for small heath now, but if they make it into the Europa League they could be in for another relegation battle next season.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 06:43:21 AM »
To be honest I thought it would be a nightmare if they were to win anything but apart from a rather dismal Sunday afternoon a while back, it's been fine.

Of course, the non-event of the Toxic Reception helped reinstate the rather amateurish and comedic element of the club and they just seem to have settled down into the same old routine of struggling for survival, relying on luck to score goals and never attracting the crowds they boast about.

And after reading the comments from the 'Nose in the Observer a few weeks back about the fact that being above Villa was "all that counts", I would go as far as to say that nothing, really, has changed.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
The thing that pisses me off a bit is that Craig Gardener seems to have saved their sad, sorry arses so many times this season. I really dont agree with selling decent players to them. No Liam, you're fine mate, not talking about you

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »
The thing that pisses me off a bit is that Craig Gardener seems to have saved their sad, sorry arses so many times this season. I really dont agree with selling decent players to them. No Liam, you're fine mate, not talking about you
Agree without our cast offs they be down already

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
What will make me laugh, particularly about SHA, is even though we've had our shittest season in years, we'll still end up finishing above them. Even when we're crap they're second best.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
I saw a Blues supporter mate of mine last night, he was chuffed that they were more or less safe by beating Sunderland.

He wanted me to give him a 'high six.'

Offline ez

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Its because we're doing better now. They are happier when we are doing badly, than themselves doing well.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »
Bet they were miserable when they won the League Cup. I'd gladly finish below them (and not be relegated) and win the League Cup than finish one place above them. They're not that important.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
I don't worry about them I know they will never have our history or be better than us I am just bothered about the Villa.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
I think many of them thought we were going down especially after the Wolves game and with the so called breakdown of the dressing room.

Within the last week weve shot up to ninth and its took the wind out of their sails.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal