collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Gabby Appreciation Thread - Update: 4 year deal  (Read 217756 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: The Official Gabby Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 11:56:07 PM »
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. As usual.

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »
lets forget about 2010 for him, he has got 3 in how many appearances in 2011?  Still time to get a few more before the end of the season...
He is pretty damn good with his head as well, doesn't miss many when the cross is put on his noggin...

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 03:07:09 AM »
Gabby alongside Bent next season, hopefully it will be like Dalian & Deano.

Good one Gabby, now let's hope you and Bent go and score a few more between you before the end of the season.   

Offline willywombat

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 04:37:52 AM »
Love him. One of us

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »
Massively underrated by some. I suspect the list of players who have scored more Premier League goals by he time they reached his age at the start of this season is a short and illustrious list.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »
Current club totals

Apps       As sub      Goals     Yellow     Red
Total (Club)                                          212          (18)         56          18           0
League                                                 179         (16)          49          15           0
FA Cup                                                      9           (0)            1            1           0
League Cup                                            14           (1)            4            2           0
European/Others                                   10            (1)            2            0           0

Off the BBC squad profiles. He may even be on 50 league goals depending or not whether the BBC have given him his goal in the 2-1 home with with WBA two seasons ago, which was on SKY. i've seen various stuff like the Rothmans Yearbook or other stat books that either credit the goal to him or put it down as a Carson own goal. For what its worth i defo think it was Gabby's.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 09:11:18 AM »
He's far from the best player on the pitch & this season its been frustrating for him.

He's been injured or out wide but he delivered when it mattered and it was my favorite moment of the season I went absolutely mental

Good on yer son, He won't be leaving despite what the papers say

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:47 AM »
Hopefully the idiots will get off his back now

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
Hopefully the idiots will get off his back now

I don't think he's been under fire this season

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 09:34:19 AM »
I can only echo Percy when I say: "eat shit, knobheads".

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
One of my favourite players of the current squad.  Extra special when he scores for us as it's like one of us doing it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
I was delighted by his winner today, and by his other important goals, and he is a decent lad who puts the effort in.  However I stick by my opinion that he is a limited footballer who doesn't score enough, or consistently enough, to be a really top striker and doesn't appear adaptable or clever enough to offer much else.  It was one goal, it doesn't suddenly turn him into Messi.  Sorry if that pisses on anyone's bonfire but it's my opinion based on watching him over the last 4-5 years, not on one goal, however vital it may have been.   

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 10:09:58 AM »
When Gabby is on top form he is up there with the best. This season has been a write-off for him but he still has the class and instinct to score vital goals when coming off the bench.   If he can get a positive pre-season behind him, next season could be very special. I think/hope there are many more important goals to come from our Gabby.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 10:10:37 AM »
No , it doesn't piss on my bonfire. As you say it is your opinion but you are wrong, no two ways about it.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
I  think he's actually improved as a player.
Yes, for the first couple of seasons it was just his shear pace that played its part in games, but now he is more skilful on the ball and has played some delightful passes this season that I thought he was not capable of.
I dont think playing out wide is the right position for him. He needs to be up top along side Bent to get the best out of him.

You cant knock someone who always produces when its needed. Thats a skill in itself.

Nice one Gabby son.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal