collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by simon ward 50
[Today at 01:43:06 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by LeeS
[Today at 01:26:24 PM]

NSWE Investment by FrankyH
[Today at 01:25:27 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:06:15 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Shin Guardian: Michael Bradley is struggling with game speed  (Read 25113 times)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: The Shin Guardian: Michael Bradley is struggling with game speed
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
Makoun needs time to settle. I'd prefer to see NRC, Petrov and Delph starting in our current predicament. Though I don't think he is cut out for the defensive role and I see him as more of a deep lying playmaker. This is a concern as I reckon Delph might prove to be even better in that role.

Bradley hasn't played at all in a fair situation to judge him accurately. I'd like to see him have a run out with the first team so I can judge him on a fair test. Maybe if we pick up a few wins in our next two and look safe.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
Makoun has already shown that while he often looks like a foul waiting to be committed, he can both win the ball and do something positive with it, and we haven't had a player like that for a while. Writing him off at this stage is ridiculously premature and to do the same to Kyle Walker on the basis of one poor and one below-average game in three months is pathetic.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »
Makoun has already shown that while he often looks like a foul waiting to be committed, he can both win the ball and do something positive with it, and we haven't had a player like that for a while. Writing him off at this stage is ridiculously premature and to do the same to Kyle Walker on the basis of one poor and one below-average game in three months is pathetic.

Agreed completely, if Walker stays he could be excellent for us. Makoun like I've said I believe will be excellent for us.

Offline peter w

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »

Like Petrov you mean?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »

I've seen extremely scant evidence of his ability to win a ball.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »

And I've seen plenty.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »
Makoun has been a liability so far but I expect he will improve with a full pre-season and given the time he needs to acclimatise to the pace of the PL

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »
I like what i've seen of Makoun so far. There's been a couple of games where he's look off the pace a little but that's to be expected i supposed. Petrov looked off the pace for two seasons so it's only fair we give Jean II a bit longer than 10 games before we write him off.

Offline peter w

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
I'm not sure he's being written off by anyone but i fail to see what has got anybody so excited by him. yeah, the odd pass or the odd tackle, but that's pretty mch the same from anyone. he looks ordinary for me but hopefully that will change.

Offline Risso

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »

And I've seen plenty.

Which games?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
Makoun is going to be a star for us, I reckon.

I agree.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »

And I agree with this too.

I apologise for adding nothing with those two posts.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »

And I've seen plenty.

Which games?

Most of the games he's played in.

Offline Risso

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »

And I've seen plenty.

Which games?

Most of the games he's played in.

Are you sure you're watching the right team and player?  He makes Stewart Downing look like Vinnie Jones.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
Are you sure you're watching the right team and player?  He makes Stewart Downing look like Vinnie Jones.

Looks like you're in the minority there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal