collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa, 100% genius - Danny Baker now on Twitter  (Read 23330 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: 0% Villa, 100% genius - Danny Baker now on Twitter
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
I will be listening on iPlayer at work tonight.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 05:56:47 PM »
i was recently involved in an altercation with the constabulary about kids playing football in the street.   Footballs had been striking very valuable P Reg Volvos and S Reg Mondeos it would seem.   In an attempt to mollify the Plod I related the story told by Danny Baker in his book about when he played in goal on his estate road in Bermondsey.   A car was the designated goal and a goal was scored when the ball hit it.

The owner of the goal car saw what was going on and threatened to murder Danny.
Danny shouted back that he was the goalie and the only one trying to stop the ball hitting the car.   Shout at the others.

That defiant football happiness still burns as brightly as ever.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
i was recently involved in an altercation with the constabulary about kids playing football in the street.   Footballs had been striking very valuable P Reg Volvos and S Reg Mondeos it would seem.   In an attempt to mollify the Plod I related the story told by Danny Baker in his book about when he played in goal on his estate road in Bermondsey.   A car was the designated goal and a goal was scored when the ball hit it.

The owner of the goal car saw what was going on and threatened to murder Danny.
Danny shouted back that he was the goalie and the only one trying to stop the ball hitting the car.   Shout at the others.

That defiant football happiness still burns as brightly as ever.

Brilliant.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
It was quite moving to hear him describe matter of factly and without any sense of pity, some of the effects his illness has on him.

Online Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
It was quite moving to hear him describe matter of factly and without any sense of pity, some of the effects his illness has on him.

I didn't hear all of it, but he came across as so matter of fact it was brilliant. There was a discussion about horoscopes, and apparently his star sign is Cancer, his comment in relation to his health/horoscope was irony at its best. I also appreciated his comments about not having a mobile phone. He wasn't on some kind of look at me campaign, just a refreshing voice.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
On the subject of Twitter 'The Big Sam's' comments about being linked with the vacant West Ham job are the amongst the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal