collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When will new kit go on sale?  (Read 9821 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
When will new kit go on sale?
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:49 AM »
What do we reckon?

I mean when will it actually be on sale, in the club shop... not to pre-order. Either home or away kit, whichever's on sale first.

I hope it's out BEFORE the Summer for once but after last year's shenanigans and with a new sponsor required... who knows?

I'll have first guess... September 2nd.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: When will new kit go on sale?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »
My hopes are not high.

Late August.

Offline HOLTENDER

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:49:24 AM »
They will pull out all the stops this year ..... August 1st is my guess ..... forever the optomist  ;D

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 06:05:21 AM »
1st week of August i reckon. Chelsea have already shown theirs off, it was in the Sun yesterday. I can remember the days -you could only buy their shirts in London or 1-2 towns just outside it. Now they're marketed (shop window and everything) in every town and city from Birmingham to Scunthorpe. Makes me sick.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 06:40:45 AM »
........ I can remember the days -you could only buy their shirts in London or 1-2 towns just outside it. Now they're marketed (shop window and everything) in every town and city from Birmingham to Scunthorpe. Makes me sick.

I moved to South London when I was about 8, and that was the end of my access to Villa stuff...I would have loved to be able to buy merch in my local high street. These days people move around so much that the stores have had to change to keep up. Personally I think it's great that clubs have transcended their old fashioned boundaries.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 06:47:07 AM »
You still won't have a huge amount of luck buying Villa stuff far away from Birmingham. Every town's sports shops has the local teams gear, plus the Sky 4, and for some inconceivable reason, Newcastle.

Considering we're again looking for sponsors, and kit manufacturers, I expect our kit to be released in about 2014. There's a new excuse every season.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:50:22 AM »
........ I can remember the days -you could only buy their shirts in London or 1-2 towns just outside it. Now they're marketed (shop window and everything) in every town and city from Birmingham to Scunthorpe. Makes me sick.

I moved to South London when I was about 8, and that was the end of my access to Villa stuff...I would have loved to be able to buy merch in my local high street. These days people move around so much that the stores have had to change to keep up. Personally I think it's great that clubs have transcended their old fashioned boundaries.

Living down here in Sussex you can still only get Villa shirts in the bigger superstores and they are few and far between down here. I usually order my Villa top off of Sports Direct or from the Villa Village. My point about Chelsea was that they are now a choice for the gloryhunters and teletext warriors and are one of those teams who agressively exploit their merchandising all over the country at the expense of more local teams in those towns and cities. If Villa did it then i suppose its a sign of progress yet at the same time its a bit of a shame. I mean walking through Birmingham and other midlands towns and seeing swathes of Chelsea and Man Utd shirts really does feel like a kick in the teeth. I'd have more respect for them if they supported Birmingham, WBA etc etc.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
I reckon August this time i hope we don't have to wait as long this time.

Offline Markerton

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:14:17 PM »
After last seasons major fuck up I reckon it will be out a lot sooner this year. Late July/early August.

On the topic of boundaries:

I went to a JJB store down South (can't remember where exactly, on the South coast, mind) a couple years ago and found a Blues shirt on sale.

Birmingham City? On the South coast? Pfffft...

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »
After last seasons major fuck up I reckon it will be out a lot sooner this year. Late July/early August.

On the topic of boundaries:

I went to a JJB store down South (can't remember where exactly, on the South coast, mind) a couple years ago and found a Blues shirt on sale.

Birmingham City? On the South coast? Pfffft...

from which season  ;)     

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
does anyone know if were stayin with nike? i love the nike stuff but hate how they fingered us last year. can u imagine them doing that to arsenal or united?!

Offline rutski

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »
i have it on good authority that it will be july 27th for the home kit and 10th august for the away. they want kids to go on their holidays this year with them, the club feels it is a good selling point!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
I remember when they used to be on sale June / July home and away shirts.

I didn't buy one this year so im hopin for somethin good next year

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »
I have voted August as it going to have to have a new sponsor on it as well so I am betting that will/may drag on a bit

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
1st week of August i reckon. Chelsea have already shown theirs off, it was in the Sun yesterday. I can remember the days -you could only buy their shirts in London or 1-2 towns just outside it. Now they're marketed (shop window and everything) in every town and city from Birmingham to Scunthorpe. Makes me sick jealous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal