collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham away - Engineering works on tube  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
West Ham away - Engineering works on tube
« on: April 11, 2011, 03:36:48 PM »
Just posted this in Tickets & Travel & thought it should have a wider audience:

Engineering works on the tube this weekend - no service on Hammersmith & City line to Upton Park (or anywhere beyond Aldgate).  Better start looking for alternatives.
Can only get as far as Bromley-by-Bow on the District line, for the same reason.

Personally, I'll be getting the overground from Liverpool st to Barking & the No.5 bus from there to the ground, but London Villans can feel free to suggest something better.

Offline Newquay_AVFC

Re: West Ham away - Engineering works on tube
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »
Well thats made my mind up then, tube to Stratford and pub crawl from there. My wife has banned me from wearing my Villa shirt for this one as were out in central London aferwards. Really looking forward to the weekend, no kids and 2 nights in London, love it!!!

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
You'd have thought London Transport would have targeted the Wembley area for engineering work this weekend!

Being semi-final day and the amount of traffic that'll be going down the M6/M1, anyone driving to West Ham would be better off taking the A14 from the M6 then the M11 down past Stansted to within about five miles of the ground. It also avoids having to go round the M25. It's a few more miles but should be clearer (although I haven't checked if there's roadworks that way).

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
Can anyone recommend a car park near the Boleyn ? I've parked at Tesco before but its a bit of a treck
Mind you the traffic along Newham High St is a killer after the game

Offline hutchavfc

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 04:46:21 PM »
Going to be a nightmare in London this week end, cup final semi's, regular league games and the marathon.

Offline Blagg

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
Anyone needing to use public transport should take a look at the Journey Planner on www.tfl.gov.uk
You need to put the date as 16th April and it'll take account of the engineering works.  Put West Ham United as a place of interest! 

If anyone has any pwopa local knowledge of the best way to get there from Victoria that would be useful

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
I was gonna have to get the jubilee line from London Bridge to Stratford. Does anyone know if its too far to walk from there?

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
104 Bus from Stratford goes by the ground. Good long walk. 30mins?
If you get to Stratford go on two stations by local Brit Rail to Forest Gate..Turn right down Upton lane A114 left into Romford Road (A118)100yds away and right into Green St(B167) after approx 200yds and then 400 yds along Green St takes you to Stadium.  Stadium directions should be marked from Forest Gate station. 15mins walk.
You can get Overground Brit Rail to Forest Gate from Liverpool St BR Station also. 
Closest Tubes if were open are East Ham/Upton park?

Offline Newquay_AVFC

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »
I was gonna have to get the jubilee line from London Bridge to Stratford. Does anyone know if its too far to walk from there?

I think its bout 30-40 mins walk but regular bus. i will be in stratford from bout 1130 making my way via pubs.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »
Have some Jellied Eels or Pie and Mash at local shops which profilerate in area.
These locals will be stuffed when the club moves to Stratford in couple years time as football fans provide a lot of trade on match days and aid precarious survival.. Last of a breed. Progress eh?
Can't see too many old style places being allowed within the new 'managed' stadium.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
The Boleyn Arms will probably end up boarded up too

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal