collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Savage on MOTD last night  (Read 10296 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Savage on MOTD last night
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
I don't mind Savage personally...he doesn't take himself too seriously which is refreshing for a multi millionaire ex footballer.  So he says a few things to provoke opinion?  He's obviously not doing a bad job if we're talking about him! 

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »
He said we were a poor team, and given the players we have and what we've achieved this season it's hard to disagree. The sum of the parts is a huge fat negative. He'd just watched what any neutral would say was a poor game, littered with mistakes and at times desperate football, between two poor sides. It was a fantastic result for us, we worked hard, but it was hard labour. Savage is looking for a full-time media career and he'll get one, because he's got opinions and is not afraid to express them. Ok, it's deliberately controversial at times but compare that to the bland fence-sitting of the likes of Shearer who is paid a lot, lot more money for saying little of consequence and looking smug. I thought the segment on Barton he did was excellent. As an aside, someone I know who knows nothing about football and barely knows who he is shared a radio studio with him a little while ago, while he did his 6-0-6, and was impressed at how down to earth and easy going he was. 

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 02:32:25 AM »
Anyone got any pictures of what he was wearing?
I'm really worried about you!

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 03:17:45 AM »
I,ve got a framed photo over my desk at home of Dion Dublin ( of all people ) about to drop one on that odious little toe-rag Savage . Whoever wrote that this illiterate buffoon was better suited to Talk Shite Radio got it spot on .......Godzvilla! .

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »
it's deliberately controversial at times but compare that to the bland fence-sitting of the likes of Shearer who is paid a lot, lot more money for saying little of consequence and looking smug.

Good points.  I'd rather be annoyed and wound up than fall asleep.  At least there's some entertainment value.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »
Hate him with a passion who makes me grit my teeth every time i hear him or see him on the box, mute or switch off whenever i see or hear the horrible little long haired wanker. Without doubt the player i hate most in the world

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
BBC are very frightened by the audience they're losing to TalkSport. Savage is their attempt to compete with that shit.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »
I'm really worried about you!

Me too!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 11:08:15 AM »
Mark Lawrenson actually put his comments into some perspective by saying something like... "so says a former Birmingham City player". That just about sums it up. I know Savage has always had a cack dress sense but Christ it was shocking on Sunday lol

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »
You can catch MOTD2 on BBC iplayer until Sunday. Warning - sunglasses required

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal