collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Savage on MOTD last night  (Read 10295 times)

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
Savage on MOTD last night
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
I'm  in the select band of Villa fans who actually quite like Robbie Savage, but I was slightly irked by his comments about us last night.

He said something like: 'Villa are lucky this season because they're a poor side, they're just fortunate there's three sides even worse than them'.

Last season, 18th place was Burnley with 30 points. The season before, Newcastle were 18th with 34 points.

We've got 37 points with six games to go, and still aren't safe. In what f**king way are we 'lucky'?

Have I just bitten on another of his trademark wind-ups?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Savage on MOTD last night
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
missing half your players for half of a season is not lucky.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »
You've bitten.

Although he was caught out himself by Barton. How riled did he sound during the assessment of his performance?

Offline villa1

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:38:24 AM »
He was just trying to be controversial. See his comments about Barton too.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
Robbie Savage's mouth is not connected to his brain so I wouldn't take any notice of anything he ever says.
In an era of BBC cutbacks I can only presume he's a very cheap option.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »
He said something like: 'Villa are lucky this season because they're a poor side, they're just fortunate there's three sides even worse than them'.

It's all comparative and we may have more points than others in other seasons, but then the relative strenght of the league has averages out this season.  Personally I think he's a hateful spunk monkey but he's right on this point - we've been woeful!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
Savage can barely string a sentence together. How he gets media work is beyond me, and it's even more baffling that it's the BBC who's employing him. Talk about dumbing down!
Hopefully he'll go the way of Ian Wright pretty soon and we'll never hear him in the media again.

Offline Merv

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
I didn't hear a word Savage said; I was too busy staring open-mouthed at his outfit.

I think you'd struggle to find a more unluckier team in the Premier League all season than us, whether it's the injury problems we had for half the campaign or the number of times we've hit the woodwork (highest in the league, last time I checked).

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
I tend to take what Robbie says with a pinch of salt  although he made me laugh when on about Joey Barton claiming to be the best midfielder in the country.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
I didn't hear a word Savage said; I was too busy staring open-mouthed at his outfit.
Had to laugh when Colin Murray called him 'the man from Del Monte'!

Offline cdward

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
You've bitten.

Although he was caught out himself by Barton. How riled did he sound during the assessment of his performance?

I thought that too, he obviously doesn't like Barton.
He's just an ex bluenose, who always get's abuse at VP and occasionally nutted, i guess he has his reasons for not liking us.
meh!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 01:24:26 PM »
Savage is a bell end
He's just bitter he never got to play for us

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
Id take Savage over Alan luntcugs Green or the new face(?!) of Sky Gary Neville anyday.  He is passionate, and opinionated, and usually good value.  I think the tongue is clamped firmly in the mouth most of the time.  I would say that for the squad we have, we have been the most disappointing in the league this year, but thats more comparing the promise to the results.  There are far more than three worse squads than us in the league, Wigan, Blackpool, Birmingham, West Ham, Blackburn, Sunderland, Birmingham, Newcastle, Wolves, Birmingham spring to mind immediately.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
I don't mind him if I'm honest. He is an amusing caricature. I was amazed by his outfit too.

He wasn't wrong. We have been terrible this season and underperformed massively if you consider the nature of performances even with everyone fit (We were probably better when we had our injuries). Usually there is a dire team who go down easily with three or four bad teams who are in the shit until the end of the season when two go down. This year it is more six or seven bad teams all of whom are thanking the lord that they have a better chance of being safe.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
I don't mind him if I'm honest. He is an amusing caricature. I was amazed by his outfit too.

He wasn't wrong. 

He didn't even believe it himself, he was just trying to have a go back for all the stick we've given the little shit bag over the yaers..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal