collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa Sunderland fan sues club  (Read 8603 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: 0% Villa Sunderland fan sues club
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 01:45:12 PM »
They have nets behind the goalposts in Spain but I think that's more to stop the supporters from chucking the rather loose-fitting seats onto the pitch when a decision goes against them/their team loses after playing shite.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »
Was anyone else at Walsall for the pre-season friendly a few years back when Lee Hendrie booted the ball in to our own fans deliberately because he was frustrated?  He should've been strung up let alone sued!!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 01:50:21 PM »
When I used to go to the ice hockey matches in the USA, an announcement was read out before each match saying that since the pucks may leave the playing area and spectators could be struck, you should leave now if that causes you any concerns.

AFAIK No one ever got sued - but I did see lotsa supporters get hit in the bonce and go out for medical attention. They usually came back looking like Terry Butcher.

You cannot limit liability for death or PI in either the UK or the US.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
You cannot limit liability for death or PI in either the UK or the US.

In terms of the financial payment, no you can't, but actions like putting up signs are used as a defence to prove you weren't actually liable in the first place.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Anyone want to join me in a class action suit against Houllier and the players?

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 02:29:41 PM »
I should sue Steve Staunton.

At Forest, years ago, I was sat with my mate just to the left of the goal and the lads were warming up for the game. Staunton hit a screamer, as he quite often did, but I was looking away at the time. I only turned to see what was going on as the ball struck me smack in the face, to a collective 'ooooooooo' from those around me, and much hilarity to my mate.

Bastard.

Exact same thing happened to my mate at the Yawnthorns before Savo's debut in 1995, but it was Allan Evans that hit the shot (he was taking shots at Michael Oakes) so it was probably best left alone.  Oakes was rolling around pissing himself laughing, it was so funny.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:16 PM »
I was stood behind the goal at The Dell when Neil Cox was warming up and he belted a ball towards me, I turned round with my hands in my pockets to see it flying towards me and hadn't time to raise my hands so headed it to great cheers. It brought tears to my eyes and i'm sure I saw stars, never turned my back on a game since.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »
I reckon i should sue MON because the season we have had has me reaching for the Anti depressants more than usual.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »
Im sueing Gareth Barry for not taking that penalty.. 

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 10:35:06 AM »
For the Chelsea game a few seasons ago, (we lost 1-0 to an Anelka goal, I think) I was standing at the front of the Lower Holte watching the lads warm up. Young took a long shot and it ended up curling and pounding me in the chest. I was winded, but immediately laughed my arse off and now I think it's kind of a cool thing to have happened to me. Don't understand why a fan would sue their own club, when it would most likely have negative outcome on them as a fan (i.e, no fans being allowed at training)

However, I may have broken some sort of record for being the first person in a Villa shirt  Young's ever actually hit from a free-kick.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
I was stood behind the goal at The Dell when Neil Cox was warming up and he belted a ball towards me, I turned round with my hands in my pockets to see it flying towards me and hadn't time to raise my hands so headed it to great cheers. It brought tears to my eyes and i'm sure I saw stars, never turned my back on a game since.

I got hit in the goolies by a stray one from Neil Cox, strangely enough at the The Dell during a warm up.

Everyone else saw it coming but I had my head buried in the programme, they parted like the Red Sea and I went down like a sack of 'tatas.

Maybe we could launch a joint claim.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
It's dickheads like this that will mean we will have to have giant nets behind the goals.

This country needs to grow a pair and stop being dictated to by stupid laws that shouldn't exist.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
I agree Shrek.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
In all my years of going to football, including many behind the goal, I have never once touched, let alone been struck, by a match ball.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »
I've touched the matchball twice, once at Luton in the warm up and second at Reading on the front row, thank god I didn't get injured

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal