collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pires keen to repay Houllier  (Read 9153 times)

Offline *shellac*

Re: Pires keen to repay Houllier
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 04:53:42 AM »
Just play to your standard 2002-2004 in the next few games for us.  Alright, that would be asking too much, 50% maybe.  That would still be enough.

Create something, score a goal or two.

That'll do.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
Pires is a waste of a nice, cushy seat on the bench. The sooner we see the back of him, the better. He offers NOTHING to the team... well, he offers an expansive midfield to the other team, but nothing to the Villa.
He is past it, yes but I disagree. That is like saying [a no longer in active service] General Krulak would bring NOTHING to a Marine force out in, say Libya. Of course he would.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »
Pires is costing bugger all
---------------------------------------------

??????????

Surely he gets paid? What would he be on? 10K a week?

What about the chauffer driven Merc is that free as well?

These bugger alls add up, look at Salifou we must have spunked 2 million on his wages over 4 seasons

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 09:11:12 AM »
I'd be guessing but I'd say we're paying him around £25k per week plus match time bonuses, plus his travel expenses. After all, weren't other clubs in for him ?

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
Redditch and Blythe Spartans I think

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »
Maybe someone can put me right, I may be talking from a standpoint of ignorance but I'm lead to believe that the manager wants his players to move closer to the club and that this is his beef (amongst other things) with Warnock.

Then why is Pires afforded the luxury of a daily commute. I appreciate that he is only on loan but surely he could stay up here for part of the week at least?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »
Maybe someone can put me right, I may be talking from a standpoint of ignorance but I'm lead to believe that the manager wants his players to move closer to the club and that this is his beef (amongst other things) with Warnock.

Then why is Pires afforded the luxury of a daily commute. I appreciate that he is only on loan but surely he could stay up here for part of the week at least?

He's not on loan,he was a free agent who we signed on a 6 month contract.Maybe it's because it is such a short time he hasn't insisted on him moving

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »
He's said more sensible, positive things in that article than 99% of other footballers do.

Let Bobby be our Allback just for one day (Has it come to this? Answer: Yes.)

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
I'd be guessing but I'd say we're paying him around £25k per week plus match time bonuses, plus his travel expenses. After all, weren't other clubs in for him ?

I thought i remembered him saying around christmas (i may be imagining it) that if he didn't find a new club in Jan he would hang up his boots.  That to me suggests he wasn't looking for a large pay packet.  People were talking about his benefit to the youngsters aswell, that must be worth something i suppose.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
He's on £10K a week plus playing bonuses. He was excellent against Blackburn in the two games so he's had something of a positive influence on the pitch and has hopefully helped our young players. Beye and Warnock get £40K per week for doing fuck all and being a disruptive influence. We are paying Carew and Ireland for playing for Stoke and Newcastle respectively. We pay Dunne and Collins handsomely and continue to play them despite the fact they put in dreadful performances and act disruptively. Petrov and Heskey take to a pitch in anger for us even less regularly than Pires for considerably more money.

I simply cannot fathom why Pires continues to get it in the neck. There are players and people at the club far more deserving of it than he is. Did Pires give himself his contract? Did Pires pick himself on the bench and loan out our young players like Hogg and Bannan who could have taken that place? It's not his fault he struggles to run either. The stick he gets is simply ludicrous if you consider the tens of people who are more deserving of stick than him who take more from our club and give less. It's not like he is negative in his numerous interviews with the press either.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
I thought we were giving all of the above mentioned players pelters too
Theres pages and pages of it

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
he played well against Blackburn whoppee shit.

How about the Arsenal game and the wolves game when he was so slow running that it looked like he had shit himself.

I don't blame Pires at all I blame our wanker of a manager who obviously rates him higher than BB.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
I thought he meant he was paying his wages back.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »
I simply cannot fathom why Pires continues to get it in the neck.
/quote]

Here's your answer.

he played well against Blackburn whoppee shit.

How about the Arsenal game and the wolves game when he was so slow running that it looked like he had shit himself.

I don't blame Pires at all I blame our wanker of a manager who obviously rates him higher than BB.

He was signed by Houllier, and everything the manager does is wrong by default. See also Crouch and Sir Graham.

Offline eastie

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »
pires is the kind of player who could prove vital to unlock stoke, wigan and newcastle at home and if he does so and helps us to survive then maybe people will give ged a bit of credit for once .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal