collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Last game of season  (Read 13037 times)

Offline richardhubbard

Last game of season
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »
Just realised the last game of season is against red scouse

God forbid we need to win to stay up after mr motivator against him return to anfield!

Offline astonvillan

Re: Last game of season
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »
just realised? have you been living in a ditch?!

i'm holding onto the hope that liverpool will have nothing to play for and kenneth will throw the game to help out the surrender monkey..

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:08:23 PM »
How on Earth have you managed to get to April without knowing who we are playing on the last day? 

Isn't this the 4th or 5th time we have played the redscouse on the final day of the season?  I remember 2 at home in the 90's, one of which was the last game in front of the Holte terraces, and there was one up at their place a few years ago.  (Lost 3-1?)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
Last match of the Holte and that second half comeback was a pretty special game.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
'Obviously i didn't want us to get relegated but i'm pleased it was a wonderful club like Liverpool that sent us down. If i had to choose anyone to relegate us it would be them.'

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:14 PM »
Don't even joke about it.  I'm having night sweats thinking about needing anything from the last two games.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »
Don't even joke about it.  I'm having night sweats thinking about needing anything from the last two games.

My mate is a season ticket holder at the Emirates, and his family account for the three or four seats either side of him. If Arsenal continue to spunk away any chance of the league and make it mathematically impossible by then, and we still need something, it's highly likely I'll have a ticket for that match.

I struggle to think of many things more stressful than sitting somewhere like that with the desperate need for us to get something, and having to keep my mouth shut and remain emotionless.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »
If we need a result last game i'm happy with the dippers at home, they'll have fuck all to play for. My Albion mate said that apart from a 15-20 min spell after the dippers scored, WBA pissed over them.

But we'll be safe by then anyway!

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »
Here you go, mindless optimism and all that but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if, by the time we play them, if we beat them, we could finish near to them, maybe not above, but neat.

I know it sounds poppycock, but I honestly think we will have a good end of season.

3 against Newcastle , Wigan, West Ham and Stoke, 1 against WBA, 0 Arsenal - beat Liverpool - 50 points

I think we may have turned the corner, we looked better on Saturday, lets face it, our best player since January - Walker, had a mare, hopefully he won't again. Now the club have actually realised that Young is a winger - Downing is back in form, and Dazza is starting to bang em in again - I don't even think we will be close to relegation.

Prediction

9th

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »
9th?  I'd put that cooking sherry away now if I were you old chap.  I think we'll need at least a point from the last two games.  Hope I'm wrong mind.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:40:06 PM »
At this point Newcastle are 9th

I think we all 100% agree we MUST beat them on Sunday.

If we do - I think you will find we will be 2 - yes TWO points behind them !!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:46 PM »
Oh god the thought of Gerrard and similar scouse ****** sending us down drives me mad.

I can just picture Suarez doing a re-enactment of the Ghana game with his "handball heroics". Urgh.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
I hope Dave Chance doesn't get called in to lead a sing-a-long in front of the Holte!

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 10:57:59 PM »
I think we should put out an understrength team so we can rest the players for the preseason friendly against Walsall.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:06:47 PM »
Its disappointing Richard. In a relegation battle you need to know not only our remaining fixtures but all those around us at any given time. Suggestion for Liverpool match someone knock up a banner with the other fixtures on and update the scores.

Just shows how this season has turned out - I thought at one point we would be sending Liverpool down and we'd be heading for the world series with Rapid Vienna again next season.

Dave Chance sing a long - forgot about that attrocity is the free counselling still available?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal