collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: David Moyes - A.K.A - Gollum  (Read 28727 times)

Offline WikiVilla

Re: David Moyes - A.K.A - Gollum
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
We have a much better set up than Everton, from top to bottom

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »
Possibly a bit harsh on Moyes but after 9 years shouldn't he have got the club's finances under better control. It's not as if his parameters have changed during his stewardship.

In my mind the top managers grow the club in it's entirety (ferguson, wenger etc). In nine years moyes has not done this because he's either not developed a scouting or youth systems which fundamentally change the club. Basically he strikes me as being a good coach but not a great manager.

In many ways villa are similar to everton so I think we need a more revolutionary manager in charge. Arguably I think Houllier is closer to what we need.

Well he was in charge when they sold Wayne Rooney for a then record fee for a teenager.  But anyway, the only way a manager can indirectly affect the revenue of a club is by winning matches, which outside of the top 4, I imagine he's done more consistently than any other Premier League manager in the last few years.  As for scouting, you'd do better to get better value for money than the likes of Cahill and Arteta.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
In a weird way Moyes probably hasn't sold enough players. He could have got 20m for Arteta at one point which could have allowed him to buy 3 or 4 more players (just as wenger did with Anelka/Overmars/petit etc and as clubs such as Udinese and Lyon do to such succes).

To be honest I'm not sure how tightly his hands are tied by everton's finances however they regularly get 40k fans in the ground so they should be able to compete.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »
In a weird way Moyes probably hasn't sold enough players. He could have got 20m for Arteta at one point which could have allowed him to buy 3 or 4 more players (just as wenger did with Anelka/Overmars/petit etc and as clubs such as Udinese and Lyon do to such succes).

To be honest I'm not sure how tightly his hands are tied by everton's finances however they regularly get 40k fans in the ground so they should be able to compete.

They can't get the commercial income there, though.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »
Aye, severe lack of executive boxes and the like, owing to the age and layout of the ground.

Which is a plus for me as a football fan, but obviously a big minus for the money men.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
Hence their desire to let Tesco (Sir Terry Leahy is a non exec at Everton) build them a new £100m stadium in Kirkby

I believe there is a 2nd submission closer to Liverpool in the offing

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »

He did sell Rooney and Lescott for big money. With Rodwell possibly to follow suit this summer. And constantly selling your star player has calls of lacking in ambition thrown your way as we've found.
Can't feckin' win can you?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal