collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:33:06 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeS
[Today at 10:18:37 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 10:17:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 10:17:21 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 10:13:27 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 10:10:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 10:07:38 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:04:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa man seen stumbling out of spanish bar prior to game.  (Read 60525 times)

Offline spangley1812

Re: Villa man seen stumbling out of spanish bar prior to game.
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
I liked the bit about him refusing to be treated abroad.

I had to make use of a Spanish hospital when I fell ill while working in Madrid and they were fantastic, as good as anything I've seen over here (and I'm a big fan of the NHS and the service they provide).

Madrid and Majorca are worlds apart !

Eh? Based on what??? I've been to hospials in both and they are superb. Doug 'refusing' treatment is a bit pathetic.
It was up to him wasnt it really.........the article doesnt say "Doug refused treatment as did not trust Spanish doctors does it ???  No need for you to call him pathetic 

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
I was in Palma recently. Disgusted. Couldn't get a full-English for love nor money. And could you get a decent cuppa? Could you fuck!

Offline villa1

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 05:02:04 PM »

I had to make use of a Spanish hospital when I fell ill while working in Madrid and they were fantastic, as good as anything I've seen over here (and I'm a big fan of the NHS and the service they provide).

Eh? Based on what??? I've been to hospials in both and they are superb. Doug 'refusing' treatment is a bit pathetic.
It was up to him wasnt it really.........the article doesnt say "Doug refused treatment as did not trust Spanish doctors does it ???  No need for you to call him pathetic 

And who's to say his private doctor is English anyway?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »
Yeah,i should imagine that being chauffuer driven to every game,never paying for a ticket,sitting in the best seats in the house every week,and knowing he's made a massive profit on his original investment must be hard on him

Fuck his commitment,i reckon my 300 mile round trip to a home game outdoes that old scroat

Yawn.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
I was in Palma recently. Disgusted. Couldn't get a full-English for love nor money. And could you get a decent cuppa? Could you fuck!

You should have gone to Madrid,the place is crawling with those type of establishments .

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
And we've passed Doug on the motorway twice this year on the way to matches. On both occasions he was sat in the passenger seat.

The bastard.

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »

And who's to say his private doctor is English anyway?
Thats true, I think it some affable old Czech bloke.

Offline villa1

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
And we've passed Doug on the motorway twice this year on the way to matches. On both occasions he was sat in the passenger seat.

The bastard.

Wasn't ctiticising him. I couldn't give a monkey's if he drives himself or not. Was just stating that he doesn't always drive.

Of course, that's not to say he doesn't drive himself sometimes too.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
I think ALITA was joking...

Offline villa1

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »
Ah, in that case I forgive him.

Besides if I was Doug, i'd be chauffered everywhere!!!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »
A fall at his age can be very serious, it's often the beginning of the end for a lot of elderly people so it's fortunate for him that he's been given the all clear.

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 05:25:18 PM »
Yes I was joking.

Mind you I do object to the despicable Houllier sitting on his fat lazy french arse on the team bus when he could be in the drivers seat. Probably some insurance thing, driving along on the wrong side of the road with tens of millions worth of talent behind you.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
His devotion to the Villa is something else. To still be up and down the country every other week is some dedication. Get well soon, Doug.
I second that. There are very few away games he doesn't get to - and even if was being flown door to door by helicopter it would still be a worthy effort. Free tickets or not - Wigan away for a midweek night match in freezing January can be a miserable night out for the youngest and fittest of us.

Compare that to the chairman of West Ham who felt it too much hassle to get to The Sty in January for his team's cup semi-final.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »
Yeah,i should imagine that being chauffuer driven to every game,never paying for a ticket,sitting in the best seats in the house every week,and knowing he's made a massive profit on his original investment must be hard on him

Fuck his commitment,i reckon my 300 mile round trip to a home game outdoes that old scroat

Whatever he's done is all in the past. The mans Villa through and through and you simply can't question his dedication to our club.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »

Whatever he's done is all in the past. The mans Villa through and through and you simply can't question his dedication to our club.

Hear Hear ! (although I'm truly grateful for his actions in 1968)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal