collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your 3 bets for relegation  (Read 43150 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Your 3 bets for relegation
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
Blackpool, Wigan and........? I had Birmingham, but not too sure now.
The Blues will be safe, a mixture of their fighting qualities and their ability to stop teams playing will see them through.

Although a couple of Blues fans I know are convinced that they'll go down, they're as pessimistic about their chances as you are about ours. When you consider that they lost to Wigan the other week you can see why. I think they'll probably just about survive but I don't think any of the bottom 8 can be confident.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2011, 07:33:13 PM »
I know Sunderland are on 38 points already, but I wouldn't rule them out of it. They have so many games against bottom teams to come, that lose a few and they could be right in it.

They have also taken 1 point from the last 21, and of the nine league games since they beat us, they've won one.

Their remaining games:

Sunderland v West Brom
Birmingham v Sunderland
Sunderland v Wigan
Sunderland v Fulham
Bolton v Sunderland
Sunderland v Wolverhampton
West Ham v Sunderland

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »
Fcuk me if they can't get 6 points out of that lot they should get sent down 2 divisions

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »
The Blues will be safe, a mixture of their fighting qualities and their ability to stop teams playing will see them through.

Although a couple of Blues fans I know are convinced that they'll go down, they're as pessimistic about their chances as you are about ours. When you consider that they lost to Wigan the other week you can see why. I think they'll probably just about survive but I don't think any of the bottom 8 can be confident.
They certainly showed some fight yesterday and played better than the side that apparently has Villa's next manager and is reputedly the next Alex Ferguson.

They're a crap football side, but unlike us they have an ability to dig in and don't have players that frequently go missing.

I hate them with a passion, but I think they have a better mentality in a dogfight than we have.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
I hate them with a passion, but I think they have a better mentality in a dogfight than we have.

They are a shit side representing a shit club, who are used to being in dogfights at the bottom, so battling is easier for them. They're like the cast of Shameless finding themselves in a rough as nails boozer and having to fight their way out.

We, on the other hand, are like a bunch of cane-toting aristocrats dropped in the middle of a ropey council estate, surrounded by devil dog toting scrotes, trying to talk our way out of it.

Or something.

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »
We showed some fight yesterday too. In the previous games we both lost to teams we should't have. They are better than us defensively but we are better going forward. They're as much in the shit as we are.

Offline levico

« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
Can't see us winning any games (defence poor and can't hold on to a lead) - any chance we can stay up just by drawing games?

No, didn't think so.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
The major difference being, for the Blues, this is all very "business as usual"
They are in their comfort zone when the're waist deep in it

Offline MadJohnnyC

« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
Wigan, West Ham and Blackpool (no particular order).

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2011, 08:19:35 PM »
The major difference being, for the Blues, this is all very "business as usual"
They are in their comfort zone when the're waist deep in it

How do you work that out?

Last season they were mid table. The last time they were in a relegation battle they went down.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2011, 08:25:44 PM »
I wonder if at the end holloways  decision to play his reserves against us sends them down and keeps us up- how ironic that would be!
It wouldn't be in the least bit ironic.

So dave, he makes 10 changes at villa and they lose and villa stay up by a point ahead of Blackpool, you don't see the irony of it? Then again you wouldn't would you.

I wouldn't see the irony.

But then again, I actually know the definition of irony.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:31:48 PM by Dave »

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »

My mate and his old man both Blues fans are the same, absolutely convinced they will drop.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
I wonder if at the end holloways  decision to play his reserves against us sends them down and keeps us up- how ironic that would be!
It wouldn't be in the least bit ironic.

So dave, he makes 10 changes at villa and they lose and villa stay up by a point ahead of Blackpool, you don't see the irony of it? Then again you wouldn't would you.
I wouldn't see the irony.

But then again, I actually know the definition of irony.

ironic

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal