collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many points for safety?  (Read 12719 times)

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
Re: How many points for safety?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
I know for certain we'd go down if we didn't have Bent.

I thought at the time Bent was effectively Randy buying Gezza out of the hole he had gotten us into.  I still think it now!

Its a shame we 're in the position we are. 2 years ago or even a season ago he could have fired us into top 4 on his own

He did fxxx all on Saturday except score............I love that in strikers ! Mind you the Holte End (and I speak as a Holte Ender) and the internet/armchair fans will hate him when he has a lean spell.'Lazy'  etc etc can see it coming now.

Offline ajmant

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Not sure how many points will be needed, and based on whats been said so far on this thread, nor has anyone else! Could be 40, might not be!

Anybody thinking Newcastle might just let us take 3 points off them because they have nothing to play for might just want to cast their minds back to the day they went down two seasons ago. Think they may have just a little bit of revenge on their mind?

Lose that one, and we really truly will be in the thick stuff.  And I know i'm just going to hate kicking off on Sunday knowing the results from the day before. Squeeky bum time.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
With the added pressure that we may be in the bottom 3 by the time we kick off
Hard to predict which villa team will turn up for this one

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 05:18:57 PM »
Atleast both Wolves and Blackburn can't win on the last day.

It's still very tight down at the bottom but compared to a few other teams we'd be viewed to have some more 'favourable' fixtures although I don't view it like that because each game is going to be very difficult especially when we come up against relegation rivals.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
Was happy going into the Newcastle game with optimism until they pulled out a top performance. Though having watched the game Wolves missed three clear cut chances and there defence was awful. With the crowd buzzing and Bent well on form think we will still nick it .....

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »
It's funny looking back at such pessimism of only a few weeks ago.  Only Brian Taylor's optimism (albeit tainted with tension) appears to be the only post close to reality.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 01:39:57 AM »
It's funny looking back at such pessimism of only a few weeks ago.  Only Brian Taylor's optimism (albeit tainted with tension) appears to be the only post close to reality.

My post right behind you. 5th August says "with Bent right on form i think we will nick it" .....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal