collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The row between Everton and Villa fans today...  (Read 31090 times)

Offline villan1975

Re: The row between Everton and Villa fans today...
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »
Really do hope we firstly or anyone else gets moyes because Everton will spiral downwards rather swiftly.Those who have been to Goodison will know it trully is  an awful place to watch football as the stadium itself is delapodated and there fans are so very uninspiring.There is no infrastructure to speak of and that is the very reason noone is willing to buy them.Thats why we owe thanks to deadly Doug (for all his problems discussed at length elsewhere) for Villa Park which made Aston Villa a viable project for Randy Lerner to buy among other reasons and for the investment around the ground and infrastructure.Players and managers come and go and if Moyes left and took the better players what would be left at everton?

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »
Because I had nothing better to do, I went with a then-Everton-supporting mate (now Villa) to watch an FA cup match against the Albion at the Hawthorns in the late 80s. We stood with the Everton fans, who I can safely say were the whiniest bunch of squawking, moaning, racist football 'fans' I've ever had the displeasure to be among. They didn't cheer once, they just moaned, consistently, in an unsettling high-pitched whinge that was only interrupted by monkey chants made against Albion's black players. Dicks.   

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2011, 08:11:21 PM »
Because I had nothing better to do, I went with a then-Everton-supporting mate (now Villa) to watch an FA cup match against the Albion at the Hawthorns in the late 80s. We stood with the Everton fans, who I can safely say were the whiniest bunch of squawking, moaning, racist football 'fans' I've ever had the displeasure to be among. They didn't cheer once, they just moaned, consistently, in an unsettling high-pitched whinge that was only interrupted by monkey chants made against Albion's black players. Dicks.   

And afterwards one of them got blinded by the lovely, cuddly, Albion supporters. There's good and bad everywhere.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
Funnily enough, those pair, haven't played nicely since.

Us and Everton are practically twinned as clubs of size and importance in this country.

The willy waving issue comes about re you versus your rivals. And they will never forgive us for that!

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
Hurray! Finally, somebody hates us. 

That piece is written by someone who hasn't got a clue.  Best to ignore it.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
In the realms of balance, I have had the pleasure of drinking with an Evertonian colleague of mine, along with his family and friends on a many an away trip to Goodison.

Have drank in their pubs with my lad with his Villa Shirt on, and found them to be great company and knowledgeable about their Club and football in general. I have even sat in their end with them too, and celebrated Bozzie saving a penalty. The only thing that really sticks out id their hatred of "them lot" across Stanley Park.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »
I think a lot of this hatred is to do with the fact that we tend not to lose to them very often, at least in the last 25 years.

If we had a similar record against them as that which we have against Liverpool, for instance, they wouldn't give a toss about us.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:01 PM »

I think I went to that game as well - Kevin Sheedy scored a penalty if I recall. Everton were going through their most successful period whereas Albion were a division below (doesn't excuse the racism obviously).

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
I work with a couple of Everton fans and find them quite sensible/realistic when discussing football matters. There is a kind of mutual respect between us and they are happy to talk about Villa or Everton. Neither are scousers so not sure why they support Everton but each to their own.

Offline Lee

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »

And afterwards one of them got blinded by the lovely, cuddly, Albion supporters. There's good and bad everywhere.

.. and I went to school with the Albion Supporter that went down for it. He was never my cup of tea.

Offline Lee

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:06 PM »

Did Don Goodman score in that match? If itr was that one, I was in the Everton End too, with a Liverpool Fan who is now a Baggies Season Ticket Holder ..  he was doing the rounds at the time.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »

Did Don Goodman score in that match? If itr was that one, I was in the Everton End too, with a Liverpool Fan who is now a Baggies Season Ticket Holder ..  he was doing the rounds at the time.

Perhaps, although I can't recall it. I'm pretty sure the game was a draw. I do clearly remember the Everton fans whinging, almost non-stop, about Ian Snodin: "Ay, arr, Snowy lad." Even when he was nowhere near the ball. Totally different vibe to being away with Villa fans, who usually appear to bring some humour with them. The legendary Scouse humour, on that day at least, appears to have got lost somewhere on the M6. I think we played Crewe away that day. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2011, 01:16:25 PM »
I think a lot of this hatred is to do with the fact that we tend not to lose to them very often, at least in the last 25 years.

If we had a similar record against them as that which we have against Liverpool, for instance, they wouldn't give a toss about us.

Good shout.  We've had a shit season this year and we've still took 4 points off them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »
Lost once at home in the league in 20 odd years and I think the last time we lost up there in the league, Rooney scored a last minute winner.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »
The issues with their fans last Sat aside, I actually quite like Everton as a club, a 'proper' old club with a long history....like us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal