collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The row between Everton and Villa fans today...  (Read 31328 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: The row between Everton and Villa fans today...
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
I actually think Everton are the club closest to Villa in terms of stature, history, position etc. I wouldn't let a few small minded idiots posting on thier forums detract from this. I also don't subscribe to the they hate us so i must hate them arguement.

Spurs and, surprisingly, Chelsea are closer to us in the honours list.

Link

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
I actually think Everton are the club closest to Villa in terms of stature, history, position etc. I wouldn't let a few small minded idiots posting on thier forums detract from this. I also don't subscribe to the they hate us so i must hate them arguement.

Spurs and, surprisingly, Chelsea are closer to us in the honours list.

Link

I don't really count Chelsea as Accrignton Stanley would have an impressive honours list if they had dirty Russian roubles fuelling them.

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »
It is funny because as a relatively young football fan, the only bad memories I have of going away (apart from Blues) is at Everton. I was walking around Goodison Park with my brother on my first visit there. I was about 14 and he was about 12, we aren't yobs in fact I like to think I am quite a nice lad! We were just checking out every stand as is customery on your first visit to any ground when some dirty scoue git of about 40 spat on me. I kept my head down and moved on but from that day onwards I have always hated Everton.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 02:24:50 PM »
The Bluenose view   

A very entertaining read with some well made points.
Also, some shit.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
The Bluenose view   

A very entertaining read with some well made points.
Also, some shit.

Fair play to the noses, thought they'd be loving that.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
Everton fans criticising another team's songbook, pot meet the kettle.

If you know yer history and two slightly different variations of the word Everton, along with squealing everytime an opposition player goes within 5 yards of an Everton player. I've always thought that for their numbers they're the shittest fans in the league, home and away. All sat down in silence.

Offline nico2708

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »

I'VE NEVER MET A NICE ASTON VILLA

replys on there now
i like this one

"Totally agree. Hate Villa with a passion. Would be great if they went down. Me dad has hated them since they beat us in the league cup final replay. Horrible team, horrible fans, horrible manager and a twat of an a assistant manager"
Rob, Liverpool, 6:29 PM 4/04/2011

and this one

"First time I've agreed with the Willychewer - Villa fans are truly noxious. Our issues with them go back to the 3 League Cup final games in '77"
Dave/R, Blackburn, 1:17 PM 5/04/2011
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:09:52 PM by nico2708 »

Offline nico2708

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
I've just posted the following comment. I don't suppose they will approve it:

"What an utterly bizarre match report. Your description certainly doesn't fit with the Aston Villa I know, nor with the reputation we have across the country as being a perfectly decent set of fans. Of course, we have our fair share of idiots, as does any club. In fact, a handful of Everton fans have been responsible for some of the worst, racist behaviour I've ever seen in 20 years of watching my club, but I put it down to just that - idiot individuals rather than a damning indictment of Everton Football Club.

As for this assertion:

"The aggregate impression is of a football club you wouldn't want near your dog, never mind your community."

Words fail me. They really do.

We remain the only club in the Premier League to have ever forfeited a shirt sponsorship in order to promote a children's charity, the club demonstrates a healthy respect for its tradition and heritage, and contributes to a whole host of investment and social inclusion projects in the local community.

Indeed, one of our 'shaven headed thugs', Gabriel Agbonlahor, recently made a personal donation (i.e. from his own pocket), which is believed to amount to almost a million pounds. The bastard!

All in all, this article is imbalanced, bitter, and wholly lacking in any credit whatsoever. I would expect far more from a website like Bluekipper. Incidentally, our 'crackpot' fans offered warm applause for the on-pitch presentation relating to your charitable efforts on Saturday, funny how you have neglected to mention that.

Despicable. For shame."

its on there now

Offline nico2708

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
what happened in 1977 too make them hate us so much (apart from us winning)???

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
The sad little boy who wrote that is now revelling in the attention. They're best ignored.

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 03:36:41 PM »
I have also hated villa with a passion, particularly because they are the spawniest shower of sh*** with the RS being excluded. They have a fantastic stadium yet have lower attendances than us, and their players really, really are a bunch of horrible bastards. I sincerely hope they go down and the longest living top flight fixture is put on hold for a couple of years
Ed, WD, 2:23 PM 4/04/2011

Villa's average attendance: 37001
Everton's average attendance: 35801

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »
Lets hope them tramps are reading this site

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
I always see them as a decent club - poor, living in Liverpool's shadow - but decent.

In Kenwright (sp) they have a Chairman who does right by the club, but, when it's all fed into a computer for analysing,  they are a bit of a nothing football club in all honesty, even if you do 'know yer history'.

Ignore and move on I say.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
It's nice to be liked.

But in competitive sport it's even nicer to be hated.

Not many supporters of other clubs could look down their noses at us, certainly not the tramps who make up a good proportion of the Everton support base. A post apocalyptic future, complete with toxic overspill and genetic mutations will probably resemble current day Goodison Park and the surrounding environs on matchday.

Fair play to the SHA fans (if it really is them) on that site, they've called it pretty much dead on. Odd really, as I alway thought that lot and Everton fans had plenty in common.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »
what happened in 1977 too make them hate us so much (apart from us winning)???

Brian walked on water.

I can only guess that the poster's Dad who hates us from 77 wasn't at the games. Apart from applauding their players on their lap of honour, the Villa fans also chanted 'Everton', as they walked past us. There was great mutual respect betwwen the two teams and set of fans.

I'd imagine today deep down there's an understandable level of jealously towards us and having Randy Lerner as owner. They know they'll probably never be able to compete again as they did in the mid-80's. They're a great club with some knowledgeable fans, it's a shame that article makes them look like a bunch of twats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal