collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: "McAllister to Blame" According to Unnamed Player  (Read 12998 times)

Offline eastie

Re: "McAllister to Blame" According to Unnamed Player
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
Not read the article and have no intention to- let's ignore all the shit in the press and get behind the team- all this shit can be discussed when the season ends - as for now it's all up for grabs , let's unite together and get out of the mess we are in!

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 12:02:01 PM »
Something is seriously wrong off the field at the Villa...

A Sun reader believes what he reads in The Sun. 

He probably does, but I tend to base my conclusions on what I see and reliable sources such as the club itself.

I don't remember anyone from the club saying that something is "seriously wrong" at the club?  What did you see that makes you believe that?

No, I said there is something seriously wrong off the field at the club. I came to that conclusion after witnessing the events of the last six months, and indeed the results.

I dearly hope I, and the tabloid hacks and rumour mongers are totally wrong and that there is a general spirit of togetherness and harmony amongst the management and squad, if so we should see this reflected on the pitch and everything wil be tickety-boo.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
I think Gary Mac is a problem, much more so than the Hou monster, and I think that come the summer and survival, then there will be another assistant brought in by Hou if he is staying about. No smoke and all that with this one, he seems to be at the centre of a lot of issues.

I agree Ozz and I've long suspected Gary Mac to be the problem behind the conflict this season. It's almost impossible to prove but the fact is he was a former manager who's stepped down to be an Assistant Manager. My guess is he is far too serious and strict with the players, rather than being the link between the players and the manager. I imagine being such a top professional, he doesn't do 'Gary Mac Lite', joking, having fun at Bodymoor Heath. Players have a limited attention span and need to enjoy training, it can't just be work, work, work.

I guess we'll only find out the truth when players leave Villa Park and start talking openly to the press.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »
Something is seriously wrong off the field at the Villa...

A Sun reader believes what he reads in The Sun. 

He probably does, but I tend to base my conclusions on what I see and reliable sources such as the club itself.

I don't remember anyone from the club saying that something is "seriously wrong" at the club?  What did you see that makes you believe that?

No, I said there is something seriously wrong off the field at the club. I came to that conclusion after witnessing the events of the last six months, and indeed the results.

I dearly hope I, and the tabloid hacks and rumour mongers are totally wrong and that there is a general spirit of togetherness and harmony amongst the management and squad, if so we should see this reflected on the pitch and everything wil be tickety-boo.

I don't believe that we have any less "togetherness and harmony" than is to be expected given our circumstances.  I haven't seen a great deal of that from Chelsea this season either and they are in the top 4.  We'll be OK, have faith!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »
There's fall-outs with the manager or staff at all clubs regularly. The problem we have is certain players launch into a stream of expletives everytime the manager or coaching staff are mentioned to them. If they do that to people they don't even know that well then its not surprising this is getting back to the media. They're gits basically, but their card is well and truly  marked and it will be bye-bye this summer whatever happens on the pitch.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
There's fall-outs with the manager or staff at all clubs regularly. The problem we have is certain players launch into a stream of expletives everytime the manager or coaching staff are mentioned to them. If they do that to people they don't even know that well then its not surprising this is getting back to the media. They're gits basically, but their card is well and truly  marked and it will be bye-bye this summer whatever happens on the pitch.

I believe that Randy and co will make the right decisions for the club in the summer regardless of what happens between now and then.  If that means keeping Houllier then it means that the board have assessed the situation thoroughly and decided that in their professional opinion he is the right man.  Randy is no mug and will decide what's best for Aston Villa at the end of the season but right now we all need to get behind Houllier and support the team.  "Houllier out" banners do not help in any way, despite what we may think of him.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 01:13:16 PM »
Can't disagree with that, and if RL wants to boot GH out this summer than thats his perogative.  but these stories appearing before every game isn't helping, and imo its deliberate. It tally's in with comments my source has attributed to certain players, and they really need to be kicked out the club as soon as possible.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
Very interesting - but not as interesting as the fact the 'story' has disappeared from the Sun's website?

Oh - now it has returned.  Something happening in background?

Mmmm?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »
Un-named player? I'll ignore this one.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
Not sure about his coaching, allthough the evidence thus far suggests he's out of his depth, but he's got the personality of an empty crisp packet.
If our insufferable manager isn't given the boot, then I at least hope he gets a more competent assistant.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »
Personally I preferred to read the views of a named player in an interview with Henry Winter (sorry, can't do flashy short links)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/8422321/Robert-Pires-defends-Gerard-Houllier-and-promises-that-Aston-Villa-will-not-be-relegated.html

Offline myf

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »
It seems some rags are desperate for us to end up relegated.  Thing is with the top of the table so boring with Manu strolling to their 19th title, seeing us in trouble probably shifts a few more units.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
Uncle Bob comes across well in that interview.

I'm glad he is trying to mentor and help the players. He has the right spirit.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
Don't know if it's been mentioned but there was an interview with Stewart Downing on Radio 5 this morning. Can't remember exactly what he said, but he was generally positive [shock horror] and said something about living in the city and being aware of what fans think.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 02:35:27 AM »
he's got the personality of an empty crisp packet.

Sadly, he's not that charismatic.

But the whole 'unnamed' source thing - as old as the hills when spouting bullshit - but Mr Beasley does have a past with hating anything and everything that has any connection with Liverpool.  Maybe the cheeky chaps mugged him in Stanley Park and robbed his kecks?  And maybe they were brand new and quite posh.

DeKuip excellent article - thanks for the link.  Every fan should read that - it just makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:46:03 AM by sonlyme »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal