collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: "McAllister to Blame" According to Unnamed Player  (Read 12997 times)

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
Re: "McAllister to Blame" According to Unnamed Player
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »
Every time there is a story of this kind we have everybody dissmissing it as "bollocks", where in reality there tends to be an element of truth, albeit given huge spin by the paper in question.

We saw it with the (first) row involving Dunne. "It's bollocks" was the cry until the club admitted there had been an "exchange of views".

Something is seriously wrong off the field at the Villa and most of the media will be falling over each other the find out exactly what it is.

I'd like to know as well.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »
I think Gary Mac is a problem, much more so than the Hou monster, and I think that come the summer and survival, then there will be another assistant brought in by Hou if he is staying about. No smoke and all that with this one, he seems to be at the centre of a lot of issues.

Offline wif

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 09:48:42 AM »
Something is seriously wrong off the field at the Villa...

A Sun reader believes what he reads in The Sun. 

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
Gary mac's managerial record is a shocker, so for Gerrard to leave it to him is a bit perturbing to say the least. Would Houllier even chop him for next season? I seem to recall him bleeting on several years ago about Gary being one of the best professionals he'd ever worked with during his Liverpool days.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
Every time there is a story of this kind we have everybody dissmissing it as "bollocks", where in reality there tends to be an element of truth, albeit given huge spin by the paper in question.

We saw it with the (first) row involving Dunne. "It's bollocks" was the cry until the club admitted there had been an "exchange of views".

Something is seriously wrong off the field at the Villa and most of the media will be falling over each other the find out exactly what it is.

It's not about dismissing it, of course there are issues within the club, the problem is that it's selective journalism.  There will always be differences of opinion within any group of people but the media are experts at highlighting it and making it 10 times more than it is, that's how they sell newspapers.  At the same time, I'm sure there are many positives floating around the dressing room but this isn't news worthy so it goes unnoticed.  We are not the only club having a bad season but we are the biggest club in danger and so we have to expect this sensationalist tripe.  Take it as a compliment that we are being scrutinised this way, if we were not a huge club then we wouldn't be.  Don't buy into the bollocks you read in the press, get behind the boys, as I'm sure you will.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
Is it media propaganda against us or is there a dark force overing over Villa park.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 10:34:27 AM »
Richard Dunne really shouldn't be talking to the media like that

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »
F in hacks had to go and dig something else just as peace was braeking out at VP.

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
This sort of shit can end up being a self fulfilling prophecy if were not careful.  Some two bob hack makes up a bullshit story based on a throw away comment from a disgruntled player, it goes around the message boards, into the stands and onto the pitch.  Hypothesising that the story has any credibility only serves to achieve the goals of our detractors.   

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:48:06 AM by Holtenderinthesky »

Online Nev

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »

He probably does, but I tend to base my conclusions on what I see and reliable sources such as the club itself.

Online Nev

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »

It's not about dismissing it, of course there are issues within the club, the problem is that it's selective journalism.  There will always be differences of opinion within any group of people but the media are experts at highlighting it and making it 10 times more than it is, that's how they sell newspapers.  At the same time, I'm sure there are many positives floating around the dressing room but this isn't news worthy so it goes unnoticed.  We are not the only club having a bad season but we are the biggest club in danger and so we have to expect this sensationalist tripe.  Take it as a compliment that we are being scrutinised this way, if we were not a huge club then we wouldn't be.  Don't buy into the bollocks you read in the press, get behind the boys, as I'm sure you will.

It's true that the press are licking their lips at the prospect of our demise and it's just this sort of thing that should galvanise the players and management into a siege mentality, a one for all and fuck the rest attitude that will produce positive results.

It should have happened against Wolves but fell flat. I hope we get the performance indicated by the management this week during various interviews, at Goodison Park but forgive me if I have my doubts.

Of course if I were at the match (or even watching in the pub) I would shout myself stupid in support of the team, as I sure everyone who is spending money to watch will. It's those being paid to take part who need to show some positivity on the pitch.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

It's true that the press are licking their lips at the prospect of our demise and it's just this sort of thing that should galvanise the players and management into a siege mentality, a one for all and fuck the rest attitude that will produce positive results.

It should have happened against Wolves but fell flat. I hope we get the performance indicated by the management this week during various interviews, at Goodison Park but forgive me if I have my doubts.

Of course if I were at the match (or even watching in the pub) I would shout myself stupid in support of the team, as I sure everyone who is spending money to watch will. It's those being paid to take part who need to show some positivity on the pitch.

To be honest Nev, the players put an awful lot of effort and showed huge amounts of  positivity at Bolton, it just wasn't our day.  Clearly the sense of misfortune that the players would have felt from that game followed on to the Wolves game, where we were bloody awful, but I believe the players we have will put in the required effort from now til May.  The question is though, will it be enough?  We need a bit of luck to compliment our endeavours and up to now we've had very, very little.

Offline wif

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 11:36:06 AM »

He probably does, but I tend to base my conclusions on what I see and reliable sources such as the club itself.

I don't remember anyone from the club saying that something is "seriously wrong" at the club?  What did you see that makes you believe that?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 11:41:42 AM »
Read the quotes and then try to imagine one of the players saying them and it doesn't ring true. Which suggests to me is that a story has been spun out of a bit of not very much which is why it unattributed.

On a positive note I see elsewhere that Downing has said that he expects to stay.

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 11:46:43 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal