collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: are there 2 ashley youngs?  (Read 30351 times)

Offline madirishvillain

are there 2 ashley youngs?
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
the shite/annoying/diving/whinging one that plays for us

and the international class one that plays for England?

that was the Ashley of old out there today, hope he turns up at Everton next week (maybe even bring his England team mate Darren Bent with him as well)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:02:49 PM by madirishvillain »

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: is there 2 ashley youngs?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
ARE there, not IS there.

Where is Bad English when you need him?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
Not at all, the one playing today was exactly the same but up against a team who would struggle in the Championship with two awful full backs.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
Big fish in small pond syndrome for me......., today was a relief to not be playing for the Villa....will somebody please come and rescue me from a club with no ambition ...blah blah blah

Stick him on the wing whilst he's in the shop window.

ps what was the second half like....I gave up it was like watching the Villa play...Wales that is

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »
Think he benefits from having players in midfield who can play penetrating passes. How often do we get behind teams? That's exactly the formation we should be playing with Bent up top and two of MA, AY or SD off him. This would then give us a solid middle three and we might start to get somewhere.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: are there 2 ashley youngs?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »
Or he just can't be arsed to play for the Villa now he's decided he wants to leave...

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:01 PM »
Or he just can't be arsed to play for the Villa now he's decided he wants to leave...

Bollocks, do you go to any games? He played extremely well against Bolton and Blackburn but why let the facts get in the way of blind prejudice?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:32:11 PM by Chris Smith »

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
i watched him today and i was delighted with his performance, no petulance, no diving, no kneeling on the grass with his arms spread out looking at the referee, just got on with it and done what he does best.

i hope Houllier was watching today and has a look at how england played

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »

Bollocks, do you go to any games? He played extremely week against Bolton and Blackburn but why let the facts get in the way of blind prejudice?

This seemingly endless campaign against Young by a lot of people on here is bizarre.

"He thinks he's too big for us", "there's two of them, the one that plays for England and the one that we see every week", "boo hoo, he's such a whinger"

He is not without his faults, but it is all so unbelievably small time, it makes us sound like Albion fans.

I suspect it is because he's almost certainly off in the summer, and said posters are preparing the ground to say "good riddance" and act like he was always shit anyway.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
He was playing in a more forward position for England, his position that he is playing for Villa this season is much deeper

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
Its not just because he may be on the move.

Did Ron Saunders play Tony Morley in the middle behind Peter Withe ?    NO !
Did Tony Barton play Mark Walters in the middle behind Stainrod/ Rideout/ Thompson ?  NO!
Did Big Ron play Tony Daley in the middle behind Deano and Dalian ?  NO !

Oi Houllier ! Should you be playing one of the best wingers in the country in the middle ?  NO !

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »

Bollocks, do you go to any games? He played extremely week against Bolton and Blackburn but why let the facts get in the way of blind prejudice?

This seemingly endless campaign against Young by a lot of people on here is bizarre.

"He thinks he's too big for us", "there's two of them, the one that plays for England and the one that we see every week", "boo hoo, he's such a whinger"

He is not without his faults, but it is all so unbelievably small time, it makes us sound like Albion fans.

I suspect it is because he's almost certainly off in the summer, and said posters are preparing the ground to say "good riddance" and act like he was always shit anyway.

so Paulie ashley has been amazing for Villa since he signed from Watford right up to now then?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »

Absolutely.

It's like he's already left, so the Milner/Barry-style animosity has started early.

Offline Dave Summers

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »

Nail.on.head

Absolutely.

It's like he's already left, so the Milner/Barry-style animosity has started early.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
Well said Paulie.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal