collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The 'who do you want' thread  (Read 55745 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: The 'who do you want' thread
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2011, 03:57:26 AM »
Moyes isn't a bad shout but Coyle might not come as he has no affiliation with the Villa, I don't want Benitez though please.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
There's some really good British-based managers out there.
Owen Coyle
David Moyes
Paul Lambert
Gus Poyet

Really depends what league we're in, but I wouldn't have thought there's much chance of Houllier still being in charge come June whatever happens in the next 8 games.

Offline BlueNoseBadger

« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »
I know he has just signed a new deal with the FA but Pearce seems to do a good job with the U21's - we have good young players. He is passionate. Seems a good combo

His club managerial career has been disastrous so far though. He took Forest down and was the worst manager Man City have had for a long time. And they've had plenty of shit managers to choose from at Man City.

Although he might come in handy if a fuse blows in the dressing room at half time or the training ground needs re-wiring

Not a wind-up, but I reckon Pearce might not be a bad shout for you lot
According to your Finances, you may need to cut your cloth over the next few seasons, so he would be good at bringing on the youngsters, and likely to play them in their correct positions.
Likewise, you need a root-and-branch clear-out of the egos - he's not likely to stand for any crap
He's got the passion to fire up his teams when the going gets tough, and to emphasise the importanace of cup competitions
He's likely to bolster you defensively, (I was surprised at GH's January signings, as it seemed obvious your issues were in the back 4 - ill-discipline/fitness etc)
- as an aside Saturday's International was an interesting reflection : you have the English attack, but the Welsh defence!

I agree tho' that his tenure at Man City was dodgy, but with his increased maturity, and where you guys are in terms of transition at the moment, he  might be the man to turn you around??

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2011, 05:30:25 PM »
According to your Finances, you may need to cut your cloth over the next few seasons

According to your finances, the only cloth you're going to be dealing with will be your death shroud.

Offline Merv

« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
Moyes for me - predictable choice but then I think the guy would be the right man at the right time for us. He'd make us much tougher to beat, for starters, and then he'd get us moving in the right direction again. With the way things stand for us, I wouldn't want to contemplate anyone who is not either not a current Premier League manager with a proven record, or a very recent PL manager with a proven record. No newcomers or gambles, please.

Offline BlueNoseBadger

« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
According to your Finances, you may need to cut your cloth over the next few seasons

According to your finances, the only cloth you're going to be dealing with will be your death shroud.

I'll have you know, we've just raised a dozen Fortune Cookies on the HK Stock Exchange, along with endless supplies of salt than some geezer overbought
Our future is secure

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal