collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Comparison to Clueless  (Read 6805 times)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: Comparison to Clueless
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »
I've never believed in a Manager less.

I like him as a person, but as a Villa Manager NO - Randy certainly can't be singing Edith Piaf's famous song....

Same. I don't think I felt this bad under O'Pugnose. I hated him with a passion in the end but didn't actually believe we would be relegated.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
I'm fairly certain Houllier is a much better manager than O'Leary. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm a better manager than David O'Leary.

I'm fairly certain we all consider ourselves better managers than DOL!

First things first, don't play people out of position ie Ashley Young and Gabby. It hasn't worked for most of the season why is it suddenly going to click into place now?

Offline ClarrieBlue

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »
It has been stated by the board I think that GH still represents the best option to get us out of the current relegation fight and also to achieve the longer term aims of the club. Well if my memory serves me correctly didn't GH talk about being in the Champions League in 4 or 5 years time. Well maybe I'm actually the "Clueless" one here but can anybody hand on heart tell me how in any way we are now better equipped to achieve these goals than we were at the beginning of September.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »
It has been stated by the board I think that GH still represents the best option to get us out of the current relegation fight and also to achieve the longer term aims of the club. Well if my memory serves me correctly didn't GH talk about being in the Champions League in 4 or 5 years time. Well maybe I'm actually the "Clueless" one here but can anybody hand on heart tell me how in any way we are now better equipped to achieve these goals than we were at the beginning of September.

I think he was miss quoted, what he actually said was "being in the Championship League for 4 or 5 years"

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »
Unfortunately, unlike in 2006, there are no truly shite sides this year like Sunderland then (or Derby and Hull in subsequent seasons). We're a point off the relegation places now coming into the homestraight. Five years ago we were never in a huge amount of danger, certainly not nearly as much as we are now.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »
The way i feel now is the way i felt after we got beat by Doncaster under DOL. I wanted him gone after that resut, i could see it was'nt going to get any better but Ellis took too long in getting rid of him and unfortunatley Lerner's doing the same now. This time though, it might actualy cost us.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »
Don't get me wrong remy, I agree with you.
I'm just sensing some bullishness from the board.

'We appointed him and we're sticking by him no matter what.'

A recipe for disaster, of course.

I dont know Rip. To me I get the feeling there wasnt a more suitable candidate around - unless we poached a manager ala' Spuds with Harry. Looking at some other posts, I also agree that under Clueless we werent in danger but I was angry at the shite being served up and his defining moment (for me Doncaster) but with Houllier's Liverpool and Man City antics aswell as Bent's slip sees us 1 point off a relegation spot - real danger and real cause for me to believe that this guy is the wrong place at the wrong time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal