collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: stephen ireland breaks Newcastle nightclub curfew.  (Read 24266 times)

Offline sfx412

Re: Topless stephen ireland breaks Newcastle nightclub curfew.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
I wonder who he will blame this time, pillock.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »
I ,maybe  the only one , was quite happy with the signing . I thought there was a very good player there and would make a difference in our team.  What a waste .          Hindsight, we should have just taken the money for Milner . Lke I say , a waste of a player and a waste of Villa money.      C**s like this , ruin the game for me and there are plenty of them.

You're not the only one, I was chuffed when he finally agreed to come.

As it is in my nature to look for the good in people, may I just say I think it was admirable that as an 18/19 year-old, he fought for and won custody of his children, so he's not all bad.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
as an 18/19 year-old, he fought for and won custody of his children, so he's not all bad.

within a week of arriving at his place they were refusing to get out of bed and go to school, and their their agent had issued a `come and get me' plea to other parents

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
I ,maybe  the only one , was quite happy with the signing . I thought there was a very good player there and would make a difference in our team.  What a waste .          Hindsight, we should have just taken the money for Milner . Lke I say , a waste of a player and a waste of Villa money.      C**s like this , ruin the game for me and there are plenty of them.
I was gutted when Milner left, I liked him the first time he was here and I loved it when he re-signed.
I did think Ireland was going to be a good addition to our squad, probably better than anyone here in the role he could play so yes I was excited in  a way to see what he could do. How wrong can you get.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: stephen ireland breaks Newcastle nightclub curfew.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »

You're not the only one, I was chuffed when he finally agreed to come.

As it is in my nature to look for the good in people, may I just say I think it was admirable that as an 18/19 year-old, he fought for and won custody of his children, so he's not all bad.

Christ, the mother must have been a right fucking head case if the judge thought he was the best bet for them.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
Not trying to defend Ireland one little bit...I despise him more than most on here I would imagine.

But, do you think if it wasn't Stephen Ireland or Newcastle, that this story would have seen the light of day?

The 2 of them were invited to a nightclub, went along, didnt drink (allegedly) and agreed to a stupid picture.

I think in this situation the story says more about the calibre of people employed by and buying newspapers today than it does about Stephen Ireland.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »
What a class guy he is, I hope he doesn't darken our doorstep again.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
No-one's going to buy him from us.

How long is this prick's contract?  If you were to subtract his salary over that time from the fee we got for Milner, how much would be left with?

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
It makes me more convinced than ever that before any player is signed he should have to undergo as serious and thorough a psychiatric examination as the physical evaluations they have to have.

A dodgy ligament here or a tweaked tendon there are minor fixables compared with mental meltdown so many players are prone to as a result of excessive money and coccooned lifestyles.

If any player has previous form for erratic behaviour, especially one with a multi million pound price tag, he should be avoided like the plague.

Man City got from us a genuine, straight, committed professional football player.   In return we got a disruptive, whingeing head case.
It makes me more convinced than ever that before any player is signed he should have to undergo as serious and thorough a psychiatric examination as the physical evaluations they have to have.

A dodgy ligament here or a tweaked tendon there are minor fixables compared with mental meltdown so many players are prone to as a result of excessive money and coccooned lifestyles.

If any player has previous form for erratic behaviour, especially one with a multi million pound price tag, he should be avoided like the plague.

You'd probably then would miss out on the likes of Maradonna, Best, Cantona, Gascoinge, to name a few.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
Will the insurance payout on him if he is just declared insane and we have to cancel his contract ?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
Newcastle must think they've been sold a pup as much as us.
Even if they're only stumping up half his wages with him being injured that two month's money gone on him already  with nowt to show for it.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
I ,maybe  the only one , was quite happy with the signing .

If you went back to around the time he signed you'd find plenty of positive comments, including some from me.  I sure feel like a mug now, mind.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
I ,maybe  the only one , was quite happy with the signing .

If you went back to around the time he signed you'd find plenty of positive comments, including some from me.  I sure feel like a mug now, mind.
There is a good player in there somewhere. What a waist of talent.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »
If Stephen Ireland doesn't end up in prison at some point in his life, I'll be stunned.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
If Stephen Ireland doesn't end up in prison at some point in his life, I'll be stunned.

Prison? He's too fucking lazy to commit a crime.  Christ I am on one tonight! Best lay off the Artois.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal