collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio 5 now !!!!  (Read 36084 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Radio 5 now !!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
Pat Murphy is another Oliver Holt. Never liked us but he is quite right about "him".

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
I wish people would stop going on about Warnock. Hes been useless and a c**t .    He needs fooking off..

I agree he has been poor but we need a left back and he is an Aston Villa player and he needs to be back in the team for the Everton game

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
Downing has been class for us this season, better than I've seen him ever for Boro.

I'm sure he just wants us to be where we belong & put all this bullshit behind us.

I do think Downing's been pretty good this season, but he was one of the players that got right on my tits on Saturday. Cutting inside against a fat bastard like Elokobi? Fucking hell, that bloke should have come off with his head on back to front and Downing gave him the easiest ninety minutes of the whole season.
He had to keep cutting inside as he is playing on the wrong side.....if he was on the left he wouldnt have to cut in

I agree, but what's wrong with cutting in after you're past the bloke? The guy has the turning circle of a World War 1 tank and Downing made him look like Franco Baresi.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
The problem I still have is that sacking him is only half of the story. Doing it now severely restricts the pool of potential candidates if we want to make a quick replacement. I'm sure that is part of the club's thinking.

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 08:52:51 PM »
I wish people would stop going on about Warnock. Hes been useless and a c**t .    He needs fooking off..

I agree he has been poor but we need a left back and he is an Aston Villa player and he needs to be back in the team for the Everton game

Not based on his form when he last played for us. He was bloody awful, for ages. I would rather Delph played there.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »
The problem I still have is that sacking him is only half of the story. Doing it now severely restricts the pool of potential candidates if we want to make a quick replacement. I'm sure that is part of the club's thinking.
I think that it would have to be an internal appointment, I think it is to late to parachute someone in. Maybe you are right, there isnt any one to step up to the plate, if that is the case we are fcukd

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »
Paul Faulkner. Tit.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:02 PM »
Downing has been class for us this season, better than I've seen him ever for Boro.

I'm sure he just wants us to be where we belong & put all this bullshit behind us.

I do think Downing's been pretty good this season, but he was one of the players that got right on my tits on Saturday. Cutting inside against a fat bastard like Elokobi? Fucking hell, that bloke should have come off with his head on back to front and Downing gave him the easiest ninety minutes of the whole season.
He had to keep cutting inside as he is playing on the wrong side.....if he was on the left he wouldnt have to cut in

I agree, but what's wrong with cutting in after you're past the bloke? The guy has the turning circle of a World War 1 tank and Downing made him look like Franco Baresi.

Everytime he has to cut in he gives the defence/defenders time to get back into positon/tackle him and its unnatural for him to be on the rightside as he is so left footed........he needs to be on the left so he can break quicker with the ball and play first time balls into the box

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »
Pat Murphy is another Oliver Holt. Never liked us but he is quite right about "him".

I think Pat Murphy is pretty even-handed when it comes to talking about all of the Midlands clubs.   

Over the years I've heard him say very complimentary things about us and also called the club to account when necessary.

If I have any criticism of him it is that in recent years it is that because of the respect in which he held Brian Clough, he was rather too fawning when interviewing son-of-Clough (that's O'Neill, rather than Nigel).

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
At last someone at the Beeb laying into Houllier. About time - he seems to have been protected from criticism due to his Liverpool connections.

Dunno Lawro had a bit of a pop on MOTD, Hansen sat there silent - no word of support at all, so fairly damning

As for Faulkner, he may have signed his own death warrant too now

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
Paul Faulkner. Tit.

Agreed, what on earth does he know about football?  Since he got the CEO job, everything's gone to ratshit.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »
I know Murphy can be a shit stirrer but I think he gets most of his facts right, I am glad that Randy is aware of how the supporters are feeling but we still have time to change this so let's do the right thing and get rid.

Oh and Downing has played well this season but he is a bottler (thanks to the Petrov injury) so he can bugger off too.

Offline ez

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »

Not based on his form when he last played for us. He was bloody awful, for ages. I would rather Delph played there.

We will have to disagree but I think we need Delph in midfield

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »
You are right. I think we will stay up whether or not he is sacked. If he is than it should be an internal till end of the season and than we  can look at Jol or van  Gaal etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal