collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:41:17 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:40:35 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:24:59 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Does your season ticket renewal depend on relegation and/or new manager ?  (Read 19847 times)

Offline Karl Bridges

Looking unlikely whatever happens. I will try to go to as many as possible but the ST looks out of reach.

Offline WikiVilla

Moving to University, three years of probably  3 or 4 games a season coming up.

Might not be such a bad thing

That's what I've been thinking, and there are a few championship teams within reach of Sheffield.

Like Villa  :o

Offline Linus

This season was a struggle to find the money, but was still enthusiastic enough to do it. Next year they can whistle - I can't give my money to 1) modern football that treats us like customers, and 2) a club that has turned into a shambles. Might still go to the odd game but they've driven all the enthusiasm out of me, with their choice - and continued back - of a manager who's just not got what it takes.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
I'll be there, will renew and not bothered if Houllier is there or not, he isn't why I go.

Offline hipkiss92

Though I do know someone who refuses to go while Houllier is in charge, though he has hated him since the start.

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
Always have and always will VTID the only thing to stop me will be a box

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
For as long as i can afford it, i'll keep going home and away.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
I'll get down there 2-3 times, money permitting. Shocking state of affairs this is though! Just hoping that we can stay up and see what happens over the summer. Some players have made the dressing room a nasty, cliquey place and they need to be got rid of sharpish.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Moving to University, three years of probably  3 or 4 games a season coming up.

Yes, you won't be out of bed in time for a 3pm kick-off

Offline jay71

Will always be there whoever is in charge!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Finance dictates, and it is unlikely that I will afford it next season, so will go from game to game whatever devision. The offers they put on over the season make a season ticket useful only to get the seat you like these days anyway.

Offline clogger

I said won't renew if we go down but that's not because I won't go - but will very much depend on price .Have had a season ticket for the last 7 seasons now and have never felt so "meh" about renewing. Think we are more likely to buy game by game in the championship as I sometimes miss games because of work commitments so the value starts to look less. I have really resented the prices we have paid this year when seeing some of the "can't be arsed" performances. We have the second highest season ticket price and although I like our seats and the folks round us I'm not sure we've had value for money this season.

I also felt really ripped off when I sold our Newcastle tickets through the site - they take £36 each ticket and we get £22.50 per ticket. Now I understand the admin cost and the fact it is a proportion of the ST price but even so........

Saying that - whether we renew at all depends on how they fix the prices. May renew in a different area or may just buy tickets on a game by game basis specially with all the offers there have been this year

Hmmmm - I needed a haven't really decided button but that is not really to do with either relegation or Houllier

Offline mozza

I used to believe that I would buy a season ticket even if Tevor Francis was the manager
but the current guy in the hot seat is testing my loyalty -

Followed the lads in the Third Division days but watching Houllier slouched in the dugout
at Vicarage Road would test my committment to the absolute limit -

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
I'll renew as long as I can afford it. I don't yet know if my contract is going to be renewed for next academic year.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
I'll renew. It's too big of a part in my life to just walk away from.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal