collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If/when we stay up?  (Read 17951 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: If/when we stay up?
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
I wonder if our slump will effect Bradley's chances of staying,as i doubt GH will throw him in now,he was probably hoping to play him in a couple of mid table games.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
I wonder if our slump will effect Bradley's chances of staying,as i doubt GH will throw him in now,he was probably hoping to play him in a couple of mid table games.
He can fuck off back to Germany for all I care.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »
Oh I forgot something....

If we stay up...  23k season tickets sold.
If we go down.. 15k season tickets sold.

This raises a good point, what sort of attendances can we expect in the championship?
There will be no one watching us in Championship ...why because we are NOT going to be playing in it. Not next  season not ever.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »
Some posters should get a reality check, Houllier is here for the next three years at least even if we are relegated

If you're so certain of that (grim) reality ROBBO, I'll gladly take that wager. Name your price.

Not a gambler Kevin especially on anything Villa related. I just simply believe Houllier was appointed to clear out the rubbish and reduce the wage bill as well as instilling a new philosophy at the club. It was never going to be easy and with all the injuries we've had made it doubley so. Any other appointment at this time would be knee jerk and that's the last thing we need.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 10:26:51 PM »
Fair enough.

It wouldn't surprise me if he remained until the end of the season, it wouldn't even surprise me if -should we stay up- he starts the season with us and is given at least the first chunk of next season to help his own players bed in.

By all accounts RL and co are sold on his waffle and do actually like him. He's more accessible than the last bloke (not Kev Mac, the bloke taking us to court) and is very good at telling them what they want to hear. And generally talking a good game.

Three years is a tad ambitious though. I can't see him getting anywhere near that long.

Lets call it a sportsman's bet ;)

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 01:35:58 AM »
i think houllier will be here next season as well. he has a track record of developing youth with his work in france and the only bright spark at villa is our youth set-up.

we need a long-term manager to bring through the youngsters and develop a team. i'm trying to think of a better candidate to do that than houllier, but i can't.

and after 4 years of MON (who was pretty popular with the players, if not some of us) any incoming manager was always going to put a few noses out of joint.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »
i think houllier will be here next season as well. he has a track record of developing youth with his work in france and the only bright spark at villa is our youth set-up.

we need a long-term manager to bring through the youngsters and develop a team. i'm trying to think of a better candidate to do that than houllier, but i can't.

and after 4 years of MON (who was pretty popular with the players, if not some of us) any incoming manager was always going to put a few noses out of joint.
Think that is a fair and rational assesment .......

Offline davevillan

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:56 AM »
Of all the teams in the bottom half, we have by far the best side. I believe that in our next 6 games, they will prove it and get the pts to put us in mid-table safety.
Then the fun and games can start.
Let him get the ones out who dont want to play and get his own in, who will fit in with what he wants to do, and how he wants to play.
Then we shall see a big difference, and thats when i will judge him. If then, we are still struggling, then it will be best for all concerned if he leaves, but im still prepared to back him. WE WONT GO DOWN !!!!!!!

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2011, 12:50:41 AM »

Totally agree. If, and it is an obvious if, GH can get us a few wins in the next 6 games, I would like to see how he goes next season. I have a feeling he will make good use of young players and buy better than we have known in recent season.

The shit season we have had, he has had. And while many will clain its all his fault, its just not that simple. He has made mistakes but he is trying to change things, long term, for the better. If he can get us through this season staying up I would want him to have next season to see if he can still be the manager his cv suggests.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 07:43:41 AM »
We played poorly vs wolves and lost - worrying
We played well vs Bolton and lost - very worrying
All these we won't go down comments ? Do not bury your heads in the sand, positive mental attitude yes, but this seasons stats are appalling and suggest we will rely on others to keep us up at best

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »
Totally agree. If, and it is an obvious if, GH can get us a few wins in the next 6 games,

------------------------------------------------

Love the optimism

He has only won a few games all season, 5 league wins in 25 i think, so now all of a sudden we are going to start winning?

Is that because all the players are united and he knows what formation to play?

based on what exactly????

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal