collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: An innocent puts us to shame  (Read 7147 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
An innocent puts us to shame
« on: March 20, 2011, 12:39:14 PM »
I took my lad to Stourbridge yesterday to watch a cracking 3-0 win, in the sunshine with his mates
We couldn't get to the Villa as he had to do a drama session in Lye.
My son has autism and sometimes doesn't get the nuances of situations but he is pretty straight to the point.

We had a conversation at 5PM that went:

Me - The Villa have lost mate and looks like we may be relegated if things don't get better...
Kal - Can we go to Villa Park for the next match then?
Me - Why? Today they were rubbish again, we could come and watch the Stour again if you want...
Kal - Because the Villa need us Dad...

See you at the next home match lads

Apologies if this sounds sacharrine but it is true

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: An innocent puts us to shame
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
Now thats a true Villa fan.

We need to get behind the team and support the lads, not boo, moan and theaten not to turn up.

See you there mate.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
Now thats a true Villa fan.

We need to get behind the team and support the lads, not boo, moan and theaten not to turn up.

See you there mate.

I'll be there too but I think I'll have to be drunk to cope

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »
I'll be there, applauding the lads and encouraging the team.

But, come the final whistle; that's when I believe we should voice our opinions on Houllier.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »
Like the little six year old lad reported on here last night who asked his dad why Brad Friedel was sitting down during the game.   From the mouths of babes.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
I'll be there for the Stoke game (I can't make it before then). The situation is so tense, I'm even bringing the wife and kids.

However, I haven't yet decided whether we'll be vociferously supporting our lads and getting behind the gaffeur, or booing and swearing and 'beating the traffic'.

But we're in the Trinity Upper in A1 A, so it'll probably be just a bit of discreet muttering when no one is looking.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
The boys spot on. Whatever you think of the manager or the players we need to get behind Aston Villa Football Club.

It's our club and we will be here long after they've taken their money and ran.

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
Like the little six year old lad reported on here last night who asked his dad why Brad Friedel was sitting down during the game.   From the mouths of babes.

He put me in my place with his comment. He may not "get" all the politics but he sure as hell knows what it is to be a supporter. He's never seen us win a damned thing but he just loves the experience and genuinely wants us to do well. He still can't understand where Carew has gone!

In a world of change our only constant is supporting the Villa - managers, players, chairman and even fans come and go but since 1874 there has been the Villa

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
Now than Witton Warrior I am with the young man and it's nice to see this spirit in future supporters.
I was a kid when I started noticing and than following Villa. I really only got hooked when we were relegated to the 3rd division. I felt so sorry and thought the team made a very brave effort to stay up in the last few games. I never missed a game in the 2 seasons we were in the Third.

I hope there are many many boys and girls like your son...because we are going to need them.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
I took my lad to Stourbridge yesterday to watch a cracking 3-0 win, in the sunshine with his mates
We couldn't get to the Villa as he had to do a drama session in Lye.
My son has autism and sometimes doesn't get the nuances of situations but he is pretty straight to the point.

We had a conversation at 5PM that went:

Me - The Villa have lost mate and looks like we may be relegated if things don't get better...
Kal - Can we go to Villa Park for the next match then?
Me - Why? Today they were rubbish again, we could come and watch the Stour again if you want...
Kal - Because the Villa need us Dad...

See you at the next home match lads

Apologies if this sounds sacharrine but it is true

Fair play, he obviously knows the meaning of the word 'supporter'.

Looks like we'll take a hit this season, but the real fans will still be there next year. We may even enjoy it.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
"the Villa need us" though can be interpreted in very different ways.
I have no doubt that the guy with the banner yesterday loves the Villa otherwise he wouldn't have taken the trouble to  make the banner and show it to the world. Indeed, many who are anti-GH love the Villa so much that they can't just sit and watch him ruin what they love. I think that viewpoint needs to be given respect as well.
Anyone posting on this site obviously loves the Villa and it consumes a very big part of their lives. Let's not get into the whole "I'm a better supporter than you are" debate.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
Conversely- VCTM jnr plays Junior football and from September he will be playing 11 a side on Saturdays.

"What do you want to do son? - play the game or get another season ticket"

The Villa lost  ! - two less season ticket holders next season irrespective of what league we find ourselves in.

I have been going the Villa since 1961/62 or there abouts but family comes first .

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 05:06:31 PM »
I have no doubt that the guy with the banner yesterday loves the Villa otherwise he wouldn't have taken the trouble to  make the banner and show it to the world. Indeed, many who are anti-GH love the Villa so much that they can't just sit and watch him ruin what they love. I think that viewpoint needs to be given respect as well.
Anyone posting on this site obviously loves the Villa and it consumes a very big part of their lives. Let's not get into the whole "I'm a better supporter than you are" debate.

Your points are all valid VFL - no better supporter crap intended! Kal sees things in very concrete terms and he means the team that runs onto the pitch - that is the Villa to him - it's not a bad way of looking at it ;-)

He does however enjoy a good rant at a referee and we have an agreement that he can unleash a pelter or two at my signal - so if you a lad jump up around L4 Lower Holte giving the ref a mouthful with a 50-year old smirking beside him - it's us...

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »

The fool with the banner loves getting it shown on TV and in the papers, that's all.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 05:10:05 PM »

The fool with the banner loves getting it shown on TV and in the papers, that's all.
Exactly.
Hence sticking his name on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal