collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If we get relegated ?  (Read 17295 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Relegation
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:11 AM »
Ah bugger. There you go bringing FACTS into it again. Bloody spoilsport.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: If we get relegated ?
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
This thread is the perfect example of the DREC chart
Deny- we cant go down wait till we get all our players back
Resist- yes i know results have gone badly but look at the next 8 games
Experiment ------------

the last is change, looking forward to next season

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:50 AM »
There is no if, we're down.

Can you honestley see Houllier and McAllister providing the squad with any motivation to fight and survive?

I'm dreading Championship footbal, but at least hope we can get a good manager in to help us navigate it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
Delph is too good for the Championship and I doubt he will want to play there again especially if his old club go up.  I think there would be a few clubs after Albrighton as well. Newcastle were able to retain a lot of good players like Barton, Nolan, the Spanish left back, and a few others when they went down, and we'd need to try to do the same if we want to bounce back quickly.  I don't think it's the kind of division where a bunch of kids would thrive. I'd hope we could keep Bent and Makoun, because of the rule plus Cuellar, Collins, L Young, Gabby, and Heskey for their experience and physical attributes. We need a new keeper whatever happens.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »
I don't even want to think about the "R" word i think we will have enough to get out of it but we really need to beat the teams around us that's for sure.

Offline freakypete

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
well lets hope we dont

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »
I don't even want to think about the "R" word i think we will have enough to get out of it but we really need to beat the teams around us that's for sure.

Like yesterday.These teams around us have the fight and spirit for a relegation battle,we have not and we are fucked.Three going down is Wigan,Blose and us

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »

Like yesterday.These teams around us have the fight and spirit for a relegation battle,we have not and we are fucked.Three going down is Wigan,Blose and us

Maybe, just maybe, if the supporters show a little fight it will encourage and lift the players.  We are a "club".  We are all in this together.  We are not fucked, we are Aston Villa in our one hundredth season of top flight football and we are not going to allow other teams to come along and think we've thrown in the towel.  It's time to stick together and scrap.

Offline eastie

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »
I agree Billy but sadly it's not the supporters who lack the fight and passion- it's the staff and players on obscene wages who are taking the piss- not the fans .

We will all still be here long after players and staff have departed for pastures new!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »

Maybe, just maybe, if the supporters show a little fight it will encourage and lift the players.  We are a "club".  We are all in this together.  We are not fucked, we are Aston Villa in our one hundredth season of top flight football and we are not going to allow other teams to come along and think we've thrown in the towel.  It's time to stick together and scrap.

Agree with every single word.Now can someone go and tell the players that as utlimately they are the only ones that can get us out of this mess regardless of who is in charge

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 11:45:13 AM »
Doncaster on a Friday night     *shudder*

Nurse!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
Don't be daft. There are a lot of rubbish teams around us.

We might have been pretty awful yesterday but it's only two league games ago that we destroyed one of the teams around us.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »
It's the away games coming up that worry me. I really can't see us getting anything at Everton or West Ham with GH in charge unfortunatley.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »
Agree Clampy, we are lacking everything needed to stay up.

It could well be a fire sale, thats the way I see it.

Gabby would stay I think , cant see him going anywhere else - ever and he would terrorise Championship defences.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
Don't be daft. There are a lot of rubbish teams around us.

We might have been pretty awful yesterday but it's only two league games ago that we destroyed one of the teams around us.
Even those rubbish teams are picking up points, our lot look totally incapable of hanging on to a lead, their confidence looks shot and they seemingly have no desire to play for Houllier.

Compare and contrast with Wigan and Wolves never say die attitudes yesterday.

The playing and management staff are totally incapable of scrapping out results.

Watched the Everton v Fulham game, I really don't fancy our chances up there.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:16:23 PM by Rip Van Bentfletch »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal