collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: the person with the banner, thanks for setting the upbeat tone for the day!  (Read 65292 times)

Offline eastie

Rutski , like you I felt houlier was the right man but today has convinced me he's lost the players and the fans and it's in the best interest of our club that he goes- I do not think we can survive with him on the evidence of today's paltry effort.

That's not being fickle, it's admitting I was wrong about him and enough is enough!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:33:50 PM by eastie »

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Shouldn't of bothered. Just like with 'Good Luck Arsenal'. Didn't work. Pls stop making banners.

Offline rutski

i live in the black country and the same wolves fans that called for mcartheys head are the ones singing his praises now and he is the one to keep them up!

i am too annoyed at the lack of support of the team whilst they are on the pitch  as you who booed all the way through make us look like treacherous wankers!

i have always and always will give my full support to the boys wearing the claret and blue shirts and there was a contingent at the game today who didnt!
Less of these !! and more of These II and I might start taking you seriously.
thanks for your pedantic note, whether i am writing with capitals or using abbreviations has feck all tho do with any discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
It's a free country, and he's spot on in my opinion.
Too right.   I can't believe people are moaning about a fan who has taken the time to make a banner that speaks the truth.   It should have gone up a few matches ago.
It should have but it didn't, and if we change manager now all we do is confirm relegation. Changing this late in the season never works, Newcastle and Hull being recent examples.  We should have sacked Houllier after the Man City league game and given a new manager a transfer window.  We didn't, instead we backed GH to the tune of £25m, so now we need to get behind the team.  Remember that half the team are kids, and getting on their backs isn't going to help their confidence and therefore performances.  It pisses me off when we start booing the team after 35 minutes, as happened today.  Who do you think it is helping? If you want to moan, save it for the forums, or the pub, or your missus, or your dog.  When you're in the ground, get behind the team

Absolutely spot on. Banners after the game? sure.  But never during.

Or before for that matter.

Offline UsualSuspect

It's a free country, and he's spot on in my opinion.

What would you rather he put on the banner?

Houllier I love you

I think some people are seriously misguided if they think that what we say or our actions at the game have the slightest impact on the team or the manager

In reality the majority can't give a toss

You pay your money you can say exactly what you want on a banner (no profanities obvoiusly)

i bet hte players saw it for 5 mins and thought thats it we cant possibly be arsed to play today

Sorry Risso meant to quote Ruski's precious first post

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
i live in the black country and the same wolves fans that called for mcartheys head are the ones singing his praises now and he is the one to keep them up!

i am too annoyed at the lack of support of the team whilst they are on the pitch  as you who booed all the way through make us look like treacherous wankers!

i have always and always will give my full support to the boys wearing the claret and blue shirts and there was a contingent at the game today who didnt!
thanks for your pedantic note, whether i am writing with capitals or using abbreviations has feck all tho do with any discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not a discussion,you are telling people how to feel.Have you answered the question about being at the game yet?

Offline adrenachrome

Tho poster who says Houllier will transform the club got the tense wrong.   He has transformed the club.   That is what we who want him gone are complaining about.   Banner or no banner, chant or no chant, booing or no booing, the substantial number of mature, level headed and fair minded Villa fans who want him to be replaced take fully into consideration the disgraceful act of premeditated malice of the previous manager and the long injury list but cannot excuse the endless catalogue of blunders and gaffes Gerard Houllier has made since he took charge of our team.

Today we were humiliated by Wolverhampton Wanderers.   We cling to the hope that  at the end of the season we will not be one of the worst three teams in the Premiership.   The club is sleep walking into second rate mediocrity.   Somebody should paint HOULLIER OUT in white paint on the pitch in letters ten feet long.

I commend this post for its eloquence and incisiveness, and invite you all to raise a glass and join me in a song from the very distant days of my misspent youth:

If Villa are going down
We'll all go down together

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
When you say half the team are kids, Delph, Albrighton, Herd and for 30 minutes Baker, were today's "kids". Hardly half a team. Albrighton is an U21 international, so should be professional enough to deal with a bit of crowd noise, as is Delph.

Offline mikeb1982

This is not a discussion,you are telling people how to feel.Have you answered the question about being at the game yet?
We're talking about a banner, whether he was at the game is irrelevant.  Although I was at the game, and the atmosphere today was poisonous, and we've seen worse performances this season, so maybe it did have a negative effect

Offline WikiVilla

The Banner needed to go up
I hope it features heavily in the media tomorrow and that the message gets through to that French baffoon and RL/PF

Offline peter w

Feel free to take a banner to the game supporting the manager if you like.  Or even just start a song about him.  There's a first time for everything.

Thing is it's not going to happen at this point in the season- sacking him- so we should pull the drawbridge up and just get through the season. Then is the time to argue over Houllier. Like it or not he is going to be here until the end of the season and what we really don't need right now are the fans to make the place like it's somewhere the players are too nervous to play in order to get the results we need lest the fans start singing HOullier out. Whether it's justified or not now is not the time.

Offline rutski

and what question was that about being at the game? i am a season ticket holder and regular away follower!
i have not told anyone how to feel, i have given my opinion of what i saw as an inopurtune moment to voice their opinion! you have given me some abuse of my grammar in the text which i call slightly pedantic.
i support the boys on the pitch and the support of them today was shit! Say what you like about the current incumbent but the previous left us deep in the cack with someone needing to get us out.
the quicker most on here who are booing and not supporting realise that he is here for the considerable future start supporting instead of undermining the team the better we will be!
my mates who came to the game today from wolves laughed at the response we gave the team!
i am embarrased by some of the behaviour!

Offline mikeb1982

When you say half the team are kids, Delph, Albrighton, Herd and for 30 minutes Baker, were today's "kids". Hardly half a team. Albrighton is an U21 international, so should be professional enough to deal with a bit of crowd noise, as is Delph.
I agree taking abuse is part of the game, and they are paid a lot of money, but that doesn't give them rhino thick skin.  If you made a little mistake at work and 35,000 people groaned in unison, how would that make you feel? How would that have made you feel when you were 18/19/20?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019

We're talking about a banner, whether he was at the game is irrelevant.  Although I was at the game, and the atmosphere today was poisonous, and we've seen worse performances this season, so maybe it did have a negative effect
Edited post.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:47:36 PM by bigad82 »

Offline pedro25

Walker's a kid too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal