collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dr Butler
[Today at 12:27:11 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:23:50 PM]

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:16:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 12:15:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: the person with the banner, thanks for setting the upbeat tone for the day!  (Read 65675 times)

Offline magic monks

Regarding the Cueller chance, my first instinct was that he missed it on purpose, really rather fancifull but when I spoke to my dad the next day he said exactly the same thing unprompted.

Preposterous it may be, but given the players body language in many of the games this season I would definately say that he didn't give it his full attention.

That, Neville, is the biggest pile of steaming dog-poo I've ever seen.

We all know Carlos has got a bit of a 9-iron for a right foot, and that's the end of it.

Feel free to pass that on to your dad as well. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Who is our Dalglish?

If we sack Houllier, we would have to go all out for the best man, I just don't know who that would be.

The big problem in my eyes.

At the time of Hodgson's sacking, most non-Liverpool fans were pointing out that Dalglish hadn't managed in ten years, and had failed at Newcastle and Celtic.  I can't think of anybody with any managerial experience whatsoever who could come in and do a worse job than Houllier for the last 8 games.  It's clear that he's lost the respect of just about anybody connected with the club.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Makouns miss was awful. Unchallenged from 6 yards you need to be hitting the target
He's had a really shit start to his villa career
I disagree with the term 'shit start'
He's looked promising and capable of something we haven't had in the centre for some time, creativity.
I think we'll see the best of him next season.

I agree, I think he'll be a good player for us, It was a mistake to keep him on Sat, He hadn't played in a month and it showed

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Who is our Dalglish?

If we sack Houllier, we would have to go all out for the best man, I just don't know who that would be.

The big problem in my eyes.

At the time of Hodgson's sacking, most non-Liverpool fans were pointing out that Dalglish hadn't managed in ten years, and had failed at Newcastle and Celtic.  I can't think of anybody with any managerial experience whatsoever who could come in and do a worse job than Houllier for the last 8 games.  It's clear that he's lost the respect of just about anybody connected with the club.

On Saturday, after a few weeks of doubt, I came to the conclusion that Houllier is not up to the job.  But to me this is not the only issue at stake.  We need a manager with the strength and capability of turning things round with a squad of players who are disunited.  The "he'll do a better job because he's not Houllier"  justification would not suffice with survival in the league in doubt.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
I predict that there will be a closing of ranks for the Newcastle game and a hostile atmosphere with plenty of vociferous support for the team.   

I realy hope you're right.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
I predict that there will be a closing of ranks for the Newcastle game and a hostile atmosphere with plenty of vociferous support for the team.   

And a few thousand Newcastle fans thinking back to the "Who's your next messiah?" banner whilst laughing to themselves.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
Makouns miss was awful. Unchallenged from 6 yards you need to be hitting the target

Exactly. A player who controls the ball in an instant and passes to a team mate. Lets face it, he'll never fit in.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024

And a few thousand Newcastle fans thinking back to the "Who's your next messiah?" banner whilst laughing to themselves.

Or Maybe "who's your next messiah? Benny from Crossroads"

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Or Maybe "who's your next messiah? Benny from Crossroads"

If they go down the 'Jasper Carrot' route there'll be murder!

Offline rutski

i like to call you treacherous basterds for deserting the TEAM!

"considerably better fan than yow" alert.

I'm guessing you were pissed when you posted all that shite last night and are feeling suitably foolish this morning?

no, not pissed up, fully back all those words chico, can you give me one instance when booing the team will help or inspire them?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
The banner was shit. Whether you agree with the sentiments or not, considering our recent reputation for producing quality banners, you have to conclude it was nothing more than a bloody bedsheet, something you'd expect to see down the Sty, assuming the fuckers could write.

Offline WikiVilla

Exactly. A player who controls the ball in an instant and passes to a team mate. Lets face it, he'll never fit in.

He didn't play well v Wolves and I thought he was average v Fulham, add to that the red card and its been a shaky start. I hope he comes good but he looks a bit lightweight to me

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020

He didn't play well v Wolves and I thought he was average v Fulham, add to that the red card and its been a shaky start. I hope he comes good but he looks a bit lightweight to me

OK, so that's how you saw it, but does that mean he's "really shit"?

I think he's a talented player who will be a great asset when he's had an opportunity to get used to the English game.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
The banner was shit. Whether you agree with the sentiments or not, considering our recent reputation for producing quality banners, you have to conclude it was nothing more than a bloody bedsheet, something you'd expect to see down the Sty, assuming the fuckers could write.

Aye.

It wasn't a banner suitable for a club of our status.

OK, it would be great if we had a banner of real flair and pazazz, like some of the ones you find on the continent. But it was lacking even the solid, dependable know-how we've grown accustomed to in recent years.

4/10

Online Chico Hamilton III

no, not pissed up, fully back all those words chico, can you give me one instance when booing the team will help or inspire them?

I don't think booing the team helps. Although who am I to tell people who pay good money how to react to inept performances?

But, anyway, I thought your semi-coherent rant towards fellow Villa fans was to do with a banner, not with people booing?

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal