collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: the person with the banner, thanks for setting the upbeat tone for the day!  (Read 65684 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Feel free to take a banner to the game supporting the manager if you like.  Or even just start a song about him.  There's a first time for everything.

Better yet he can knock up his own banner: 'O'fuckface was right! we are'...zzz

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
So you support the manager?
yes i do! he will transform the club and randy aint the type to just bow to the upper holtes shit pressure!

Well to be fair you've got that bit right.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
2 games ago, we played some of the finest football seen for 5 years

What a load of shite.  The 1st half of the Blackburn game was desperate. The only difference in the 2nd half was that Blackburn gave us a penalty and an own goal and then opened up as they chased the game. Houllier has just slowed us down as a team. We're no more entertaining and a hell of a lot less creative. This isnt because the players have got worse, its because of the training methods and the system they're being asked to play.

It's grim and I can genuinely see us going down.

Offline rutski

i live in the black country and the same wolves fans that called for mcartheys head are the ones singing his praises now and he is the one to keep them up!

i am too annoyed at the lack of support of the team whilst they are on the pitch  as you who booed all the way through make us look like treacherous wankers!

i have always and always will give my full support to the boys wearing the claret and blue shirts and there was a contingent at the game today who didnt!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
We've been division 3 before, we may go there again.

We look, and indeed are a club in crisis, and we need to get this sorted out, fast. Who's to say the Championship is rock-bottom?

I just can't wait for Exeter away.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, I'm almost as bad as the twat with the banner. I'm still sore from the game, give me a week and we'll be back in the race for fourth!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
i live in the black country and the same wolves fans that called for mcartheys head are the ones singing his praises now and he is the one to keep them up!

i am too annoyed at the lack of support of the team whilst they are on the pitch  as you who booed all the way through make us look like treacherous wankers!

i have always and always will give my full support to the boys wearing the claret and blue shirts and there was a contingent at the game today who didnt!
Less of these !! and more of These II and I might start taking you seriously.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
The team were supported throughout today's game, but the ludicrous substitutions and tactical ineptness, rightly earned Houllier some flak.
Didn't hear anyone booing throughout. Were you there? Where was this constant booing coming from?

Offline TonyD

It's a free country, and he's spot on in my opinion.
Too right.   I can't believe people are moaning about a fan who has taken the time to make a banner that speaks the truth.   It should have gone up a few matches ago.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
I hear what you say Rutski and it's easier for me to say this froml this distance, but sometimes players do need to know how your feeling while the game is in progress. 

I followed the Villa home and away for years and they were a massive part of my life but I alwas reserved the right to hammer them if they wern't putting a shift in - probably happened 2-3 times in 25 years.

Tbf, today sounds like the type of day I might have been in to them.

Offline mozza

A banner whether it be pro or anti the manager doesn't win a game of football ........
goals do and we didn't get any today

Unless it's abusive or derogatory in some form, why can't it be displayed ?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Tho poster who says Houllier will transform the club got the tense wrong.   He has transformed the club.   That is what we who want him gone are complaining about.   Banner or no banner, chant or no chant, booing or no booing, the substantial number of mature, level headed and fair minded Villa fans who want him to be replaced take fully into consideration the disgraceful act of premeditated malice of the previous manager and the long injury list but cannot excuse the endless catalogue of blunders and gaffes Gerard Houllier has made since he took charge of our team.

Today we were humiliated by Wolverhampton Wanderers.   We cling to the hope that  at the end of the season we will not be one of the worst three teams in the Premiership.   The club is sleep walking into second rate mediocrity.   Somebody should paint HOULLIER OUT in white paint on the pitch in letters ten feet long.

Offline UsualSuspect

What would you rather he put on the banner?

Houllier I love you

I think some people are seriously misguided if they think that what we say or our actions at the game have the slightest impact on the team or the manager

In reality the majority can't give a toss

You pay your money you can say exactly what you want on a banner (no profanities obvoiusly)

i bet hte players saw it for 5 mins and thought thats it we cant possibly be arsed to play today

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
Spot on brian!!

Offline mikeb1982

Too right.   I can't believe people are moaning about a fan who has taken the time to make a banner that speaks the truth.   It should have gone up a few matches ago.
It should have but it didn't, and if we change manager now all we do is confirm relegation. Changing this late in the season never works, Newcastle and Hull being recent examples.  We should have sacked Houllier after the Man City league game and given a new manager a transfer window.  We didn't, instead we backed GH to the tune of £25m, so now we need to get behind the team.  Remember that half the team are kids, and getting on their backs isn't going to help their confidence and therefore performances.  It pisses me off when we start booing the team after 35 minutes, as happened today.  Who do you think it is helping? If you want to moan, save it for the forums, or the pub, or your missus, or your dog.  When you're in the ground, get behind the team

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal