collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The run-in for the "looking" doomed  (Read 39236 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: The run-in for the "looking" doomed
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »
Before today I thought we will be safe. Today watching the the  in the second half it dawned on me something that most of you have been saying for a while now. We are a very very ineffective team. It was not the defence that lost this game but tactics and rubbish play all around. Crosses that land straight in GK's hand, Shots that go no where. Corners that fly over everyone. Players  that stand still instead for attacking the ball. The free kicks that are as innate as fluffy clouds. The subs  that make no difference.

We are .... difficult to say the words

Offline Cuz

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
Yes he has too
Do you really think Lerner would sack him now?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
I'll say again, who would you replace him with?

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
What sort of signal does it send out having ashley Young as captain ? He is no leader and he'll be down the road as soon as this season's over. I can't see us winning another game unless we get some proper 'leaders'; on that pitch.
We have a few on the books, being paid to sit on their arses and do nothing because of our great manager's attitude.
Reo-Coker, Warnock, Cuellar, Collins, Petrov are leaders, he should find a place for them in the team, consistently, before it is too late.
Looking at the fixtures, Liverpool at home last game of the season and Houlliers interview:
"I don't like being relegated to the Championship, but if anyone was to relegate me, it should be Liverpool".

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 07:41:10 PM »

anybody to be honest - for 8 games - imagine the lift in mood and confidence around villa park, we might even see players that actually give a fuck

So Legion would you stick with Houllier ?

and why?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »

I was asking people that yesterday, Leeg.

Unfortunately, after the shiteness of today - which I doubt many of us thought would be quite so terrible - it is starting to look like removing Houllier is of more importance than who replaces him. The club is in an absolute mess.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »

Allardyce is available, don't get me wrong I think he is the devil incarnate but for eight games i think he would organise the team, particularly the defence, so we could eek out the points required to hopefully stay in the Premiership.
Yes, thanks Houllier, it will have come to that, i hate the style of Allardyce, but perhaps a short term appointment would save us ?

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »
I have been behind GH all season, as frustrating as it is has been, but bugger after all the shit from the last week with the team bonding situation I wish we could have gone out today with some fight and shown some guts and dug in for the cause and shown the supporters that there is nothing wrong behind the scenes.
I have not seen anything of todays match so I can't comment on it. My brother (a Wolves fan) said there was one big difference today and that was the Wolves players wanted to play for their manager and ours didn't. He might be going on the general outlook from what the press have said over the last few months, I don't know.

It's so confusing this season to what the hell is going on. Fuck knows, fucking fuck knows.

Offline ez

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »
Will the ticket prices come down if we go down?

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »
Jol ?

Offline tremzvillain

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »
Jol? Is that like lol without the laugh?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 07:52:58 PM »

I was asking people that yesterday, Leeg.

Unfortunately, after the shiteness of today - which I doubt many of us thought would be quite so terrible - it is starting to look like removing Houllier is of more importance than who replaces him. The club is in an absolute mess.

I honestly think we'd be better off with almost any other football manager you could mention.  Houllier is a poison in the club at the moment, a disturbing influence the likes of which we haven't seen in many a long year.  It's clear that the majority of the players don't want to play for him, and not just the "troublemakers" either, and the fans just haven't taken to him.  He was trotting out garbage like "I think the fans will surprised at the unity in the team" before today, and I certainly was, just not in the way he meant.  He's the equivalent of a nervous supply teacher at a rough comp, totally out of his depth and unable to control those he's in charge of.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »

Allardyce is available, don't get me wrong I think he is the devil incarnate but for eight games i think he would organise the team, particularly the defence, so we could eek out the points required to hopefully stay in the Premiership.
Yes, thanks Houllier, it will have come to that, i hate the style of Allardyce, but perhaps a short term appointment would save us ?

Relegation is a dreadful prospect, but Sam Allardyce managing Villa is even worse. In fact, he's the only obvious candidate I can think of who I'd say no to and keep Gerard at the moment.

Offline ez

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:03 PM »
No idea but we're down under Houllier.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal