collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: "Outrage" at discount for Poles at Bath City  (Read 20790 times)

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: 0% Villa: "Outrage" at discount for Poles at Bath City
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
I'm sure the Villa did something similar a season or two back when the encouraged the local Asian community to a game v Bolton.  I'm not sure what the deal was but I think it was widly well received.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »
I bet the Poles weren't moaning about being put into stands where alcohol was being sold.

I would moan about that. It should be free!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »
What is the difference between a discount for Polish people and a discount for, say, soldiers or firemen? I'm not a soldier (well I was but for the sake of the argument) or a fireman any more than I am a Pole, why should it bother me who gets a one-off discount?

Not with you  on this Dave. A discount to a trade or profession is OK  as members  are not  linked to a a particular group of people. What would you say if an organisation decided to charge more to Poles for something? Clearly we would find that unacceptable and therefor a discount on this basis is equally unacceptable.
I bet you wouldn't find it funny if walking  through VP turnstiles I paid less than you?
Having said that if it was a one off event to raise awareness  event than it is OK.

You're actually with Dave on this one, because he said it was a one-off.
Doh! Yes read it again. I should qualify for a discount based on my obvious disablity!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
BE and Darren, you're both warned.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
I must admit i don't really like the poles since i've been in London i have had a couple of rows with the poles they will rob you as look at you.

What a load of old shite.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »
I must admit i don't really like the poles since i've been in London i have had a couple of rows with the poles they will rob you as look at you.
Try and avoid them then, otherwise, just vault over them next time.

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

Spot on, Percy.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 11:00:38 AM »

Quite apart from the fact that if you've had 'a couple of arguments', you can only talk about 2 people as opposed to 38 million, you're talking absolute rubbish. Having lived in Poland for four years now, if the Poles living in the UK are treated even half as well as I have been here they'll be very lucky. Rob you? They're more likely to invite you home for a three course meal and to meet the family.

As for the original article, I think it's a great idea, why shouldn't they encourage the local community to attend? I'd imagine that they'll do quite well out of the idea. Football is massively popular over here, and the English teams with Polish players do tend to be popular. Had we signed Boruc when we were linked (before he decided to destroy his own career), I had high hopes of making Villa the number one supported English team in the South of Poland!!!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »
Sorry.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
Having lived in Poland for four years now.......... Football is massively popular over here, and the English teams with Polish players do tend to be popular. Had we signed Boruc when we were linked (before he decided to destroy his own career), I had high hopes of making Villa the number one supported English team in the South of Poland!!!

Where do you live in the south? Have good friend in Wroclaw and Opole.

My soon-to-be-family in Szczecin now look out for the Villa results. Well, I tend to get texts with "what the hell happened this week"!

Offline peter w

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »

Spot on, Percy.

yeah, its the Lithuanians you really have to worry about.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »
Having lived in Poland for four years now.......... Football is massively popular over here, and the English teams with Polish players do tend to be popular. Had we signed Boruc when we were linked (before he decided to destroy his own career), I had high hopes of making Villa the number one supported English team in the South of Poland!!!

Where do you live in the south? Have good friend in Wroclaw and Opole.

My soon-to-be-family in Szczecin now look out for the Villa results. Well, I tend to get texts with "what the hell happened this week"!

In a small city called Starachowice, near to Kielce. We're about halfway between Cracow and Warsaw.

Wroclaw is a great city, I had a lovely holiday there last year. Not quite up there with Cracow on my favourites list but not far off.

My younger students now know that a positive comment about the Villa in their homework tends to have a favourable impact on their marks.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 11:51:42 AM »
The Polish women over here stand out like a sore thumb.  Mainly because they're all gorgeous whereas most Manx women are absolute munters.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »
The Polish women over here stand out like a sore thumb.  Mainly because they're all gorgeous whereas most Manx women are absolute munters.

My theory is that in the UK, the more attractive the woman, the less attractive her personality is as she tends to know how good looking she is. In Poland, it's almost the opposite, you get stunningly attractive women with equally great personalities.

Offline peter w

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »
I think its symptomatic of east European women. Mostly gorgeous but living with God ugly tall, gangly men.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal