collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: "Outrage" at discount for Poles at Bath City  (Read 20777 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: 0% Villa: "Outrage" at discount for Poles at Bath City
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 07:08:24 AM »
Paying £13 for non-league or pushing £20 to watch the utter crap that it Bristol Rovers at the moment, just shows what a good deal we get at Villa Park in terms of ticket prices

Offline peter w

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
Good idea. Its an old idea but if it gets people through the turnstiles then that can only be a good thing. If . If it doesn't work then fine, at least they tried.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 09:17:10 AM »
If they did it every week I could see why there'd be complaints.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 09:20:50 AM »
It's a good idea to try and attract different groups to various football clubs, it's not a good idea to use discrimination to do it.  I'd be surprised if what they're doing isn't illegal.

They cleared through the European courts with regards to discrimination apparently.

Really?  It takes years to get anything through the European courts usually, and it only normally happens when you've exhausted all avenues in your own country.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Re: Get 'em in Krzysztof!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
I bet the Poles weren't moaning about being put into stands where alcohol was being sold.

Offline peter w

Re: Get 'em in Krzysztof!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:04 AM »
I bet the Poles weren't moaning about being put into stands where alcohol was being sold.

racist.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »
I must admit i don't really like the poles since i've been in London i have had a couple of rows with the poles they will rob you as look at you.

Offline peter w

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
I must admit i don't really like the poles since i've been in London i have had a couple of rows with the poles they will rob you as look at you.

And them pakis smell an'all.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »
I expect to see all the enterprising local chavs trying to pass themselves off as Polish.

Do they have chavs in Bath or is it too posh?

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: "Outrage" at discount for Poles at Bath City
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 10:04:15 AM »
The Polish do like their football, and invariably start looking at the results of English teams (usually Premier League) which have Polish players. Other than that, it seems to be a Beckham obsession.

The Goose in Streatham can get quite "punchy" when Poland play a rival or Lech Poznan are in the Europa League.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:32 AM »
Paying £13 for non-league or pushing £20 to watch the utter crap that it Bristol Rovers at the moment, just shows what a good deal we get at Villa Park in terms of ticket prices

Indeed

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
What is the difference between a discount for Polish people and a discount for, say, soldiers or firemen? I'm not a soldier (well I was but for the sake of the argument) or a fireman any more than I am a Pole, why should it bother me who gets a one-off discount?

Not with you  on this Dave. A discount to a trade or profession is OK  as members  are not  linked to a a particular group of people. What would you say if an organisation decided to charge more to Poles for something? Clearly we would find that unacceptable and therefor a discount on this basis is equally unacceptable.
I bet you wouldn't find it funny if walking  through VP turnstiles I paid less than you?
Having said that if it was a one off event to raise awareness  event than it is OK.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »
I expect to see all the enterprising local chavs trying to pass themselves off as Polish.

Not sure but I could try  I am brown Polish route!

Offline olaftab

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 10:35:25 AM »
I must admit i don't really like the poles since i've been in London i have had a couple of rows with the poles .
You should watch where you are going!

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
What is the difference between a discount for Polish people and a discount for, say, soldiers or firemen? I'm not a soldier (well I was but for the sake of the argument) or a fireman any more than I am a Pole, why should it bother me who gets a one-off discount?

Not with you  on this Dave. A discount to a trade or profession is OK  as members  are not  linked to a a particular group of people. What would you say if an organisation decided to charge more to Poles for something? Clearly we would find that unacceptable and therefor a discount on this basis is equally unacceptable.
I bet you wouldn't find it funny if walking  through VP turnstiles I paid less than you?
Having said that if it was a one off event to raise awareness  event than it is OK.

You're actually with Dave on this one, because he said it was a one-off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal