collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Grass roots/Sunday League thread  (Read 6647 times)

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Re: Grass roots/Sunday League thread
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 03:34:47 PM »
We (Coleshill Athletic) started the season with a cup game against league rivals The Unit, with both teams having been promoted last season an even game was expected. We created chances from set pieces but lacked creativity from open play, The Unit were more clinical in front of goal and ran out 3-2 winners scoring the decider with minutes to go.

The most notable event of the game was our left back breaking his arm after falling awkwardly after a challenge, he doesn’t have much luck as last year he collapsed during the warm up and had to be taken to hospital, I wonder what will happen to him next season?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »
Grabbed our first win on Sunday, coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2.
Yours truly came of the bench with 10 left, a corner to us and the score locked at 2-2, and promptly nodded the corner over from half a yard.
However, played my partner in for the winner a few minutes later with a sid-esque 40 yarder between centre half and keeper so redemption was complete.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 01:41:32 PM »
Anyway, most notable thing of the day was finding former Walsall, Wolves and West Ham striker David Kelly playing in goal for Sutton Gate. I kid you not.

He's a regular in the over 35s league, as are a few other ex-pros.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »
I saw red today, a ridiculous two footed challenge which luckily the other lad spotted and got out of the way. Totally lost my rag, and no kind of example from the oldest player on the pitch. At that point we were 2-0 down with 20 mins gone.

Happily, the opposition commited hari-kari and by half time it was 2-2 and they were down to 9, with us going on to close it out 4-2 and progress to the semis.

I love sunday football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal