collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton fans  (Read 9545 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Bolton fans
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:37 PM »
what were the Utd fans singing last night to the tune of "the city is ours"

I've noticed over the last 25 years Brummie reds always nick Villa songs and port them up the M6

'we'll do what we want, we'll do what we want, we're man united, we'll do what we want'

blues nicked it off them when they played at OT the other week and have been singing it since. and i heard stoke fans singing it today after their first goal. villa fans also attempted it in the pub before the bolton game, replacing want with like.

horrible song. and cringeworthy for clubs like stoke and especially blues, who regularly take about four hundred away from home. if only a few more 'wanted' to support them..

But quite apt when thousands of them are walking round town abusing shop workers and looking for Sherlock Street. Or was it hundreds? Okay, tens then. In small groups. With their carers.

The only club who should sing it are Manchester United. Because with them, it's true.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »
All I was thinking watching that yesterday is some of those bolton fans might actually turn up for away games in the league now given they only bring about 500k to Vp most seasons!

Offline luke25

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
All I was thinking watching that yesterday is some of those bolton fans might actually turn up for away games in the league now given they only bring about 500k to Vp most seasons!
Thats one hek of an away following!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
Bolton are a small club competing for fan numbers with some of Europes biggest clubs who are within twenty miles of their ground, their away following is understandable. The excuses we hear for Small Heaths pitiful home crowds are harder to swallow.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »
Who the fuck are Man United ?

Looks like a Manchester final - ManUre v Bolton , watch Bolton become a football hotbed much like Kidderminster did when they went to Wembley ( with respect).

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 11:20:33 PM »
what were the Utd fans singing last night to the tune of "the city is ours"

I've noticed over the last 25 years Brummie reds always nick Villa songs and port them up the M6

'we'll do what we want, we'll do what we want, we're man united, we'll do what we want'

blues nicked it off them when they played at OT the other week and have been singing it since. and i heard stoke fans singing it today after their first goal. villa fans also attempted it in the pub before the bolton game, replacing want with like.

horrible song. and cringeworthy for clubs like stoke and especially blues, who regularly take about four hundred away from home. if only a few more 'wanted' to support them..

I'm sure no-one cares, but stoke were singing "we'll play how we want", in response to some HOOF noises from west ham.  The manure version is massively cringeworthy though, agreed.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »
My understanding - I was still in the UK then - is that Liverpool appropriated that tune with their "We've won it 5 times" song, which they love to lord over Man U and, to a lesser extent, Chelsea. Man U then riposted with "we've won it twice - and nobody died"(now revised to thrice).

Man City then adopted "the city is ours" lyrics and we acquired it from them. I think the "we'll do what we want" songs are very recent adaptations.

Re the first use, a Man U fan I know claims that they were the first club to use this tune, taunting Man City with "what a waste of council tax, we paid for your ground" back in 2001-2.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
What tune has that been adapted from? It's starting to annoy me every club having a version of it.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 01:06:15 PM »
What tune has that been adapted from? It's starting to annoy me every club having a version of it

Sloop John B - Beach Boys. Although even they nicked it from a traditional folk song

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
The original is of Jamaican origin I believe.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal